Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2. in real life (after succesful install)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a lot of threads about firmware 6.2.
Since most of the info these days will be ("It is downloading", "I have it", will try tomorrow).

I suggest we dedicate this thread for owner describing the changes they have actually experienced.
Not about status of download.

But about improvements
In Range Anxiety management functionalities,
In sound Codecs,

Is this a good idea ?
Well I can not be the first one describing since my S85D arrives in June (Europe).

1. the door handles present much earlier, normally I would have to be 2-3 feet from the door, Now they open as I walk around the front of the car.
2. the routing option takes you to SC locations only based on the few searched I have done. A route from baltimore to buffalo takes you up around the north shore of lake erie.
3. If you have the NAV pane open, the grey blind spot bar is not very noticeable against the grey map background.
4. FM radio is indeed better in both sound and reception.
5. I'll let someone else test the emergency braking function :)
6. I like the TACC light not on, you could never see it when needed, only when you didn't

on the cruise control/TACC stalk, there ~was~an orange LED. when you drive straight, you cannot see the state of that light, and it is brighter than it needs to be. the only time you see it is if you are turning the steering wheel. It distracts you since you are not used to seeing it....5 year old mode off

7. The following distance/smoothness is much better. If the guy in front of you is driving jerkily (not like a jerk, well maybe), you don't drive as jerkily. new word for the vocab...

on the cruise control/TACC stalk, there ~was~an orange LED. when you drive straight, you cannot see the state of that light, and it is brighter than it needs to be. the only time you see it is if you are turning the steering wheel. It distracts you since you are not used to seeing it....5 year old mode off

7. The following distance/smoothness is much better. If the guy in front of you is driving jerkily (not like a jerk, well maybe), you don't drive as jerkily. new word for the vocab...

This is awesome news on both counts. That light was pointless and annoying, and TACC's aggressiveness was a bit high. Can't wait to see the changes for myself. Thanks for informing us!

8. Valet/Nanny mode is fixed at 70mph, not adjustable. Acceleration is noticeably capped at less than 50%. This brings up an interesting thought...could that be beneficial as an "ECO" mode??
9. the change of rate with regen that happens around 40mph is not as noticeable

10.there is a new lightning bolt icon that will bring up an panel with the details of locations.
11.the old easter egg is still there, have not found the new on.
12. if you hold down the "T" logo on the touch screen for 4+ seconds, a dialogue box opens asking for a passcode.

8. Valet/Nanny mode is fixed at 70mph, not adjustable. Acceleration is noticeably capped at less than 50%. This brings up an interesting thought...could that be beneficial as an "ECO" mode??
9. the change of rate with regen that happens around 40mph is not as noticeable

Had the same thought. Ill definitely be testing out using valet mode during long road trips when range is concern.

IMG_1379.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

Yeah, I got the "cheap" one. Still trying to find the Easter Egg before Easter:)
I have a background in DV (Device Verification) and Software QA so this kinda stuff floats my goat.
When I'm out in the Tesla factory next week I'm going to inquire about being a beta tester.