Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you pressure wash your Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've used a pressure washer many times without incident. The manual specifically discusses the use of pressure washers. It suggests that you don't aim it at the windows; keep a distance of 12", etc. Check page 109 for more details.

I have a few words of caution. I use the pressure sprayer all the time (Greenworks 1.7). However, I took my car to a touchless car wash last winter and I sustained a leak around the C pillar near the window. Not sure if this is due to the frameless nature of the window, but I never have experienced this with any other frame less window. It was sealed by Tesla, but I have since avoided pressure spraying around the windows.

I wouldn't worry about blowing paint off or damaging the vehicle, but when I'm

I use a Gerni sprayer all the time. No issues, but I do have Opticoat. Occasionally get some water in the reflector for the reversing light. No biggie. It dries over a day or two. Service centre assures me no water gets into the light fitting itself.

Thanks all. Delayed my first wash 'cause it wouldn't stop snowing and raining over here. But this weekend is it. Here's what I'll do to try and keep my black P85D pristine:

- Hose down pano roof and windows.
- Pressure wash bottom half at a good distance.
- Foam the car.
- Hose down.
- Foam again.
- 2-bucket wash.
- Rinse.
- Blow dry.

I know this may sound extreme, especially the two foaming, but it is really dirty and I want to minimize dirt rubbing off the clear coat.

Thoughts? Have I gone off the rails?! ;-)

I only did touchless washing for last 3 months. Few drops of water at the small triangular window driver side, nothing impressive - will have it checked when I get my new seats installed. Obviously no undercarriage wash.

Not sure doing the two foam steps is going to help you. If you're using a high quality soap in your foam lance, it's not alkaline enough to start breaking down the grime. I'd use the foam to lay down a thick layer of suds and lubricity to help with the two bucket wash.

Having said that, I like everything else, especially the blow dry.