Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BXL - Luxembourg - where to charge ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I know there is a huge thread about public charging infrastructure in Benelux... but it has become so huge that it is actually difficult to find a specific information.

So...Where do you charge on a BXL - LUX trip ?

- I am aware of the SuC in Nivelles off course.
- I am aware of the SuC in LUX being built - but it is actually beyond Luxembourg city. For Sure interesting on the holiday road to France, but may be not so much for the casual BXL - LUX trip with return in the same day.

So, for now we have no SuC on the E411.
But what are the good alternatives close to the BXL - LuX E411 ?
Where can we efficiently charge today ?

Sorry if the answer already exists somewhere.

Thanks a lot for your help.

David

If you're doing Bxl-Lux-Bxl, the Suc in Luxemburg should be operational by mid-April. Otherwise, Ikea Arlon.

(or alternatively you can take the old road to Luxemburg (N4) and charge at Marche-en-Fammenne - Delhaize or MacDo - free Type 2 chargers).

If you're going further south, go directly for Metz (the Luxemburg SuC is a bit out of your way). Wavre-Metz is not a problem on a full charge in my experience, just keep an eye on your energy prediction.

Had the same idea (Wellin would be ideal), but no - and Total furthermore seems to be reducing rather than increasing the number of chargers along Belgian highways, so I don't see it coming...

Another idea would be a SuC at Neufchateau (useful for the Dutch as well)...

Total in Jambes should have 1x CHAdeMO plug. But my experience with Total's CHAdeMO infrastructure is that it usually doesn't work. But they might have 3 phase industrial plugs too.
But I suggest you check it out before relying on it on your trips.

And if you register at Plugsurfing.com. They have a deal with Estonteco. I see 4 charging stations in Luxemburg City which you can unlock with their charging key.