Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S concept on display in SF Autodesk gallery for the next year.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
http://news.autodesk.com/news/autodesk/20100917006043/en
Tesla Motors Pulls Up to its New Home in the Autodesk Gallery at One Market

Tesla Model S Electric Sedan To Be Exhibited in San Francisco

--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Autodesk, Inc.:
WHAT: Autodesk, Inc. announced that the new electric car from Tesla Motors, the Model S, will begin a one-year exhibition at the Autodesk Gallery at One Market on Sunday, September 19. At approximately 10 a.m. Pacific time, the Model S will be lifted into the building’s second floor gallery through one of the arched windows and rolled onto the exhibit floor where it will remain for the next year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/naparish/sets/72157624867285823/

Last edited by a moderator:
They've said that there will be no Model S prototype in Paris, but I suppose they could always change their mind. This is the white prototype which is the one without any interior. It's just an outer shell basically.

Cobos

Watching the video TEG posted the first time made me think the car could move on its own. :wink:

Here's another video with the car inside the building.

The software to design a car is really expensive. This could be a trade out for the one year display. Not only does this car not run I don't even think it can steer. It's just a shell.

This is probably also a sign they are close to having all the other Model S' done for the stores.

TEG -- Thx for posting links to my pix and the video that my 11-year old son took on Sunday. We didn't have the best angle on the event, but it was still pretty cool.

In response to the postings about the car being only a shell, if you listen carefully at about the 23-second mark, you will hear somebody asking if the car can steer, and the worker in the orange shirt says "no."

-- Neal