Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ferrari South Bay (Torrance) opens but still no Tesla Store.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
As I look at Greater Los Angeles at the find us page on teslamotors.com I see all the above average income regions have a Tesla store save my neck of the woods, the South Bay. Yep, we have a service center but no store.

South Bay covers Palos Verdes, Torrance, the Beach Cities(Manhattan,Redondo Hermosa) among others. Since California has no limit on how many stores Tesla can have I think it is long overdo. Torrance has Porsche, Mercedes, Audi,and BMW dealer on top of the new Ferrari dealer.

new-california-ferrari-dealership-ferrari-south-bay-16.jpg

PacificPorscheMacan0001Launch.%7Bseqn-L.jpg

9da4804ebef4ae8b59583dd86a2fc3f6x.jpg

M-FICONF11mobile-bmw-8627-720px.jpg

Auto-MB-SouthBay-05.jpg

not to mention the new masserati dealership and service center opening on the same street a few blocks from the ferrari dealership, we really need a tesla store, and the recent remodeling of the delamo mall would have been the perfect opportunity.

not to mention the new masserati dealership and service center opening on the same street a few blocks from the ferrari dealership, we really need a tesla store, and the recent remodeling of the delamo mall would have been the perfect opportunity.

Agree!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The Santa Monica store was great. Just ordered my S90D. However, I completely agree that saving the commute would have been awesome!

The new fashion side of Del Amo Mall would be ideal.

When I configured my Model X order I tried to specify the Torrance Service Center but was unable to do that. Don't know why, but it is a small center and maybe they don't have staff trained yet. My delivery date is probably this summer, so I will worry about it then. When I get close I will check again, and consider a factory pickup. I see a lot of Teslas in the area but don't know what critical mass is for Tesla to open a store.

When I configured my Model X order I tried to specify the Torrance Service Center but was unable to do that. Don't know why, but it is a small center and maybe they don't have staff trained yet. My delivery date is probably this summer, so I will worry about it then. When I get close I will check again, and consider a factory pickup. I see a lot of Teslas in the area but don't know what critical mass is for Tesla to open a store.

Actually the Torrance Service Center is one of the earliest that was built and delivered many of the original Roadsters. The Technician are great there. But since they opened the service center on Centinela, that is the one that does most of the deliveries in LA. I'm in North Redondo and that is where I picked mine up. But all my services I do them in Torrance. Much closer to South Bay locations. Actually no lines, sometimes I just walk in just call in for service the next day. And they service on Saturday.

I have seen quite a few Teslas in the South Bay. Another red one like mine in Redondo. A few white ones driven by females :) Quite a few black ones in Manhattan Beach.