Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review of my Tesla Roadster test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just sold my stage 4 STi for a roadster sport too!

Living up in the great white north, I haven't had a chance to test drive one, or for that matter even see one in real life.

This great review gives me some confidence that I have made the right decision.

Hopefully mine gets here in the next couple of weeks also.... Please let it get here before the snow does!

Nice write up. That's funny, I'm basically in the same situation you were in (almost same age and such) I just haven't pulled the trigger and ordered it yet. It's a ton of money but would be awesome to get. What color did you order?

Please let it get here before the snow does!
Indeed! I'm really hoping I get to drive it at least a LITTLE bit with the top off! I was stoked to find out that I could get one in a few weeks because there was a model matching what I wanted so I didn't have to go through the entire custom-order process.

dsm363: I got the very orange with the premium orange & black interior. Also opted for the forged wheels (since I didn't get the sport edition) -- the black ones. They're expensive but they look really nice (and won't have to worry about TPMS if I were to get my own wheels).

Nice color combo. That'll look sweet. I keep wanting to order something other than red but have never owned a sports car and think there is some unwritten rule about sports cars being red. It looks awesome in white with the carbon fiber too. Congrats again.

I got the very orange with the premium orange & black interior. Also opted for the forged wheels (since I didn't get the sport edition) -- the black ones.

Just in time for Halloween!
roadster-pump.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the thorough write up cinergi...you noticed far more than I did when I had my test drive and it's very handy to read your notes as a refresher to what I missed analyzing (as I drove around in awe with the Tesla grin on my mug):redface::biggrin:

Hi cinergi,

congrats to your new roadster.
after reading your blog some usefully hints from my side as a quite new roadster owner :) :

don't put anything in these small cubby-holes when you are driving in Standard or Performance mode, especially not the keys for your home.
You can search them afterwards behind or under your seats, which is a quite tricky thing, especially when its cold and dark.
(I know what I'm talking about ):rolleyes::smile:

don't put anything in these small cubby-holes when you are driving in Standard or Performance mode, especially not the keys for your home.
You can search them afterwards behind or under your seats, which is a quite tricky thing, especially when its cold and dark.
(I know what I'm talking about ):rolleyes::smile:

LOL! I guess I should keep flashlight and magnetic telescoping picker-upper thing in the car too eh?

The only things I have found that stay in the cubbies are a clean rag really stuffed in or I have looped some charge cables and hvae pressed them in to not come out. Not very pretty looking though.

The only things I have found that stay in the cubbies are a clean rag really stuffed in or I have looped some charge cables and hvae pressed them in to not come out. Not very pretty looking though.

Get HandStands Sticky Pads. A little scissor work and I've lined the tray, cubbies, and iPod detent with these. No adhesive, slightly spongy, and sleek black - nothing moves even under hard cornering, nothing makes noise.

The passenger cubby is perfect for my driving gloves wedged in there, leaving the glove box for glasses and registration papers, etc.