Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 poll to say when you got it

On which model have you received the 6.2 firmware update?

• Classic Model S

Votes: 98 37.7%
  • Auto-pilot model S

Votes: 57 21.9%
  • Dual-drive (non perf)

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • P85D

Votes: 84 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For owners to notifiy when they received 6.2 with their model type, based on FW6.2 thread. Please answer poll as:

a) Received it (Classic Model S)
b) Received it (Autopilot-enabled Model S)
c) Received it (non Oerformance dual-drive Model S)
d) Received it (p85d)

Also, if you haven't already, please complete on entry on the wiki: Firmware Upgrade Tracker - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum. As per Dirk's original note (Firmware 6.2 - Page 5) he will add your entry if modifying the wiki is burdensome.

<update>
This poll was originally created to reduce the noise on the firmware 6.2 sticky thread and give those, who have received this update, a channel for stating their install success in the form of a poll.

It's use of a manual tracking mechanism was increased wth DirkH adding a wiki to track multiple firmware versions and more granularity of car type. A number of you added to that, thank you.

The wiki has since migrated to a longer term firmware tracking tool, graciously created by HankLloydRight, which allows easy entry of the data and enables realtime analysis.

Going forward, the poll aspect of this thread is closed and we kindly ask that you use the new tool at Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

This thread will remain open to track install comments, though please use the sticky thread:Firmware 6.2 to track your feedback and ask questions on the 6.2 firmware.

thanks for your participation to date and for your continued help tracking this info going forward

cheers, Mike, Dirk & Hank
</update>

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be much better to have a spreadsheet where everybody enters the day he got it. That way we can track the progress and know at any time how many cars have it. And THANKS for having a separate thread to hopefully end that super stupid "I got it / I did not get it yet" posts...

Do we know when roll out starts? The poll closes Apr 12 - do we know if anyone will have it by then?

Should be this weekend.

Untitled.png

It would be much better to have a spreadsheet where everybody enters the day he got it. That way we can track the progress and know at any time how many cars have it. And THANKS for having a separate thread to hopefully end that super stupid "I got it / I did not get it yet" posts...

Would love a spreadsheet too, and if you/anyone wishes to create then great. I'm on an iPad and traveling, though created this quickly in attempt to remove the noise from other fw6.2 thread, to keep that thread on features and impressions. Let's keep this one just for folk who have received the update, note, the poll purposely doesn't allow a "I don't have it yet" option ;-)

whilst im using bandwith, the update is meant to be this weekend and I'm hopeful it would be done in two weeks, if not then I can(?) extend the poll.

Mike:

Would you please add an additional category: Classic Model S without tech package
There is (currently) a 9 page thread on whether or not non-tech package Model Ss will get NAV or some form of "end of range anxiety assurance".
Would be nice to know when non-tech package owners start to get their updates. Will they get their's later than tech package owners.

Thanks.

I think there is a lot more information we could / should track. A poll isn't really the best way to see how the firmware gets rolled out.
I figured that a wiki page with a spreadsheet would work better. Firmware Upgrade Tracker
Please have a look and tell me how to make that better.
And yes, I'll add a note about tracking "w/o tech" as part of the type of car.

I think there is a lot more information we could / should track. A poll isn't really the best way to see how the firmware gets rolled out.
I figured that a wiki page with a spreadsheet would work better. Firmware Upgrade Tracker
Please have a look and tell me how to make that better.
And yes, I'll add a note about tracking "w/o tech" as part of the type of car.

I'm thinking add a column for OTA or SC (got the update via Over the Air or via Service Center install).

I'm thinking add a column for OTA or SC (got the update via Over the Air or via Service Center install).
I can do that - but it will make the table grow wider much quicker. But yes, I know we often ask that as it seems like 2.2.200 was mostly installed in service centers...
You convinced me, I'll modify the table and explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets add a column for what you were doing when you got the update. We can start with "gardening" "shopping" and "watching TV"
Excellent idea.
Wait. What?
th_AnimatedRollingEyesSmiley.gif

Is it too late to make the poll not anonymous?

Mike:
Would you please add an additional category: Classic Model S without tech package ...Thanks.

ok, struggling to find any way to edit the poll and have failed :-(

@DirkH: was unaware of your wiki. Poll is definitely less flexible, though many seem unaware of wikis. Do we need a poll on whether to keep this poll? Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Who said (s)he didn't receive it. But again, that's why the poll is suboptimal. You can't undo wrong information. You can't change your entry.
I really think the Firmware Upgrade Tracker is the better idea.

Ok, ok, 3 times already ;-). I put the link in the original post. Should be a good litmus for falloff rate of who will go and edit wiki page vs click poll. Oh, and btw, do the wikis on here have change lists with rollbacks, otherwise some could mess up the whole thing.