Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spentan

Dec 26, 2012
SoCal
Someone on Facebook just posted that they have received it.

11082671_10206532281213811_2609621932449610661_n.jpg

My P85D has not yet received it, but if someone has, then its only a matter of time :)

As a new owner, how do you know the updates are available? I know the iPhone app has a notification setting to let me know when it's installed but do we get a notification that it's available and then do we initiate the download Or is it all transparent until it's installed?

As a new owner, how do you know the updates are available? I know the iPhone app has a notification setting to let me know when it's installed but do we get a notification that it's available and then do we initiate the download Or is it all transparent until it's installed?

Its transparent until it is "downloaded" to the car.

Once it is downloaded, it will be ready for installation. At that point, it will then send you the notification to your phone, as well as pop up on the screen inside your Model S.

That's when you can schedule an installation, and/or delay it.

Elon already posted on the release notes on twitter. Check his feed.

View attachment 76199View attachment 76200View attachment 76201

Valet mode limits to 70mph?? I thought it would be user configurable. Limiting to 70 is pointless since it still allows someone to take her out and let her rip over and over again. I'd want to limit it to like 30mph and like 20-40kW power max. That stops anyone from flooring it. Unfortunately Tesla's valet mode got this completely wrong.