Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk quote about the Roadster beating other cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ChrisC

see signature
Apr 27, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hi all -

Someone was interviewing me recently about EVs in general -- just some local folks who know I'm really into this.

I was trying to remember Elon Musk's exact words when interviewed at some PR event. It was the unveiling of something, perhaps a car or a new store, and he was talking to a reporter, comparing the Roadster to the more typical high performance ICE cars like Porsches and Lambos, and he said something like:

"Why would you want to have a gasoline car, which costs more to operate and pollutes and smells, and you're still going to lose the race with this car?" (the Roadster)

But that's just me paraphrasing. His words were a lot better, obviously. It was in a video. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Last edited:
"This kicks the ass of any Ferrari except the Enzo."

The quote I recall was a little longer and more elegant than that :) Although that article did remind me of the IPO roadshow period, which is indeed when I think he said it, so I searched Youtube for videos from back then (June). Alas I did not find the one I'm looking for.

Last edited: