Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii EV Charging Time-Of-Use (TOU) Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
From Honolulu Star-Advertiser 3/27/15, Money section, page B2

EV savings estimator offered:

Hawaiian Electric Company has introduced an online electric vehicle bill savings estimator that can help residential customers who have or are considering an EV estimate how much money they can save by utilizing time-of-use EV charging rates offered by the three utilities.

The new EV Bill Savings Estimators and instructions are accessible at hawaiianelectric.com/EVSavingsEstimator, mauielectric.com/ EVSavingsEstimator, hawaiielectriclight.com/ EVSavingsEstimator.

There are estimator versions for a customer enrolled in the current TOU EV rate; a customer enrolled in the standard (non-TOU) residential rate, called Schedule R; or a customer enrolled in the standard (non-TOU) residential rate with a rooftop solar system under a Net Energy Metering agreement.

Star-Advertiser staff

From Honolulu Star-Advertiser 3/27/15, Money section, page B2

EV savings estimator offered:

Hawaiian Electric Company has introduced an online electric vehicle bill savings estimator that can help residential customers who have or are considering an EV estimate how much money they can save by utilizing time-of-use EV charging rates offered by the three utilities.

The new EV Bill Savings Estimators and instructions are accessible at hawaiianelectric.com/EVSavingsEstimator, mauielectric.com/ EVSavingsEstimator, hawaiielectriclight.com/ EVSavingsEstimator.

There are estimator versions for a customer enrolled in the current TOU EV rate; a customer enrolled in the standard (non-TOU) residential rate, called Schedule R; or a customer enrolled in the standard (non-TOU) residential rate with a rooftop solar system under a Net Energy Metering agreement.

Star-Advertiser staff

Wondering which of you might be on TOU already and perhaps you can give your impressions of the program. Thx!

I switched to TOU back in September--there's been a definite reduction in our bill (roughly ~$50/mo. less). Will need more time to get an accurate average though as my usage varies. Switching to TOU was painless and I would definitely recommend it.

I switched to TOU back in September--there's been a definite reduction in our bill (roughly ~$50/mo. less). Will need more time to get an accurate average though as my usage varies. Switching to TOU was painless and I would definitely recommend it.

- - - Updated - - -

I do. Have been almost two years. Worth doing.

Signing up on Monday. I'm convinced.