Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help charging in Rawlins or Laramie Wyoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Model S85D on Tuesday in Las Vegas and Drove it back to Riverton, Wyoming. The super chargers were all faster than I thought they would be. I stopped at almost all of them on the way back. Spent the night in Little America to charge. It was very slow on 30amp 208v only 14mph of range. In the morning I stopped at the KOA in Rock Springs 50amp 29 mph range was much better. traveled about 800 miles in less than 24 hours.

Trying to plan a family trip for next week from Riverton to Fort Collins Colorado. The two Wyoming superchargers aren't really on the way or within a safe range. The KOAs look like my best bet so far to stop at one of them for an hour or two just to be safe. The Wife doesn't really want to wait at a campground, and wants to just take the Volt. Trying to convince her it won't be so bad. Does anyone know if there are any HPWC's along way or any 50amps around a restaurant or shopping area?

Tedkidd, I had signed up under another email and added a 120volt wall outlet at my office. Just singed up as Pox and added my house. I have a full 80amp HPWC and a J1772 12amp In garage behind house. If anyone needs to charge up when visiting just let me know so I can move a car out.

Lloyd, That RV World looks fun. We can play a game or two of mini golf and should have the range we need to get to Fo Co.

If you are going seriously off the beaten (supercharger) track, I strongly recommend getting this app: Allstays Camp and RV | RV Parks Campgrounds App

Allstars has really up-to-date and accurate information about RV parks. You can filter the list/map for only sites with 50A 240V circuits.

Always call ahead to make sure they have availability and will take you. Most RV Park owners are very friendly and curious about Teslas, but a few are hostile.

I usually wait until they see me and the car before negotiating a price for charging. If I am staying all night, I pay full boat; if I am staying only 2-5 hours, I usually offer $10.

Cool App, the owner of the KOA in Rock Springs just charged me for a shower $10 for an hour. They had a workout room and he let me use and wifi. He was very nice. Little America was told me they didn't have any power like it showed on plug share. I call up shorepowerconnect.com and they help me find the plugs and turn one on for me for free for the night. Normally $1 a hour. It was only 30amp 208v, they also had Stations that are 480v 30amp I wonder if there is an adapter that could work with at Tesla?

I was at the Tesla Store in Las Vegas today and saw a new Destination Charger in my town of Riverton at the Hampton Inn & Suites, the one place I didn't need one in Wyoming. I hope the owner puts some 80amp ones in more of his hotels. Now we have 3 HPWC in town, my office, home and the Hotel. With most of the RV parks closed for the winter my trips have been cold slow getting out of the state. Still no new destinations chargers on i80 Rawlins or Rock Springs.