Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Baby got sideswiped today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got sideswiped this evening on Highway 9 just past the Hwy 27 lights going eastbound in second lane. Other car entering from Hwy 27 drifted right across from his turn on lane into me. Has anybody gotten any body repairs done in the Toronto area? Does Tesla have specific designated shops that know what they are doing with Aluminium?
I'll take damage pictures in the daytime tomorrow. And the whole incident was recorded by my dash cam.

Got sideswiped this evening on Highway 9 just past the Hwy 27 lights going eastbound in second lane. Other car entering from Hwy 27 drifted right across from his turn on lane into me. Has anybody gotten any body repairs done in the Toronto area? Does Tesla have specific designated shops that know what they are doing with Aluminium?
I'll take damage pictures in the daytime tomorrow. And the whole incident was recorded by my dash cam.

Bad spot. Folks coming off 27 tend to ignore the traffic....have to make it to the left before the highway narrows to 2 lanes. I may need to know this too ( but not too soon I hope); taking delivery on Tuesday. I'm not to far from there, at 9 and Airport. Note: I've yet to see a Tesla west of Schomberg (9 and 27)!

I'll watch this feed and learn.

Here is an overall picture of the damage. Have to wait until Monday to set the repair wheels in motion. Looks like a very expensive repair to me. Yes, I am glad that no other harm happened. I am mostly cheesed off that my planned Tesla trips to Maryland in April and to South Dakota most likely have to be cancelled.

More pictures here: Accident

Attachments

• acc1.jpg
    acc1.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 723
Last edited:
Other driver is being charged by police with improper lane change causing an accident. His insurance has to pay.

I do hope it works out well. Hopefully Canadian insurance companies are less unscrupulous than those in the US. I'd guess that damage to be in the $25000 range at a Tesla-approved shop. Here, the insurance company would declare it a total loss and pay you the current used car market value that they make up (but significantly less than your cost for a new car), then they would have the car repaired at a less expensive shop and sell it.

Sorry my friend, glad you are OK. The Tesla recommended shop is Excellence Auto Body. They have actually been to California and trained at the factory. I hit a deer with my Sig and and they did the work which was great.

Last edited:
In Ontario it's No Fault insurance, so I'm sure your own Insurance will pay. Just make sure they don't assign ANY part of the fault to you as they will use it to increase your rate. If the other driver was from out of Province, then his insurance must pay according to fault. Don't let them screw you around. They will try to deduct several silly fees from your settlement. Remember, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" :wink:

I do hope it works out well. Hopefully Canadian insurance companies are less unscrupulous than those in the US. I'd guess that damage to be in the $25000 range at a Tesla-approved shop. Here, the insurance company would declare it a total loss and pay you the current used car market value that they make up (but significantly less than your cost for a new car), then they would have the car repaired at a less expensive shop and sell it.

Luckily my insurance has a "no depreciation" clause for the first two years of ownership.