Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Death by China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Death by China:http://deathbychina.com/Everyone concerned with the future of the USA needs to watch this video. Moving manufacturing from the US to china is devastating to the US economy and may eventually be devastating to the companies that give China access to their IP. If Tesla starts building cars in China it will negatively affect my desire to own one and my opinion of Elon Musk. If the Chinese government will not allow Teslas to be sold in China without factories there too bad for them. The free world is a large enough customer base. The trade imbalance with China is killing manufacturing around the world.

Death by China:http://deathbychina.com/Everyone concerned with the future of the USA needs to watch this video. Moving manufacturing from the US to china is devastating to the US economy and may eventually be devastating to the companies that give China access to their IP. If Tesla starts building cars in China it will negatively affect my desire to own one and my opinion of Elon Musk. If the Chinese government will not allow Teslas to be sold in China without factories there too bad for them. The free world is a large enough customer base. The trade imbalance with China is killing manufacturing around the world.

It makes more sense to produce Teslas in China, for the Chinese market. Both from a financial and an environmental standpoint.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteCap
Last time I read about (? The Economist Magazine?) if a foreign company wants to sell in China without massive import tariffs, they have to 1) manufacture in China 2) form a joint partnership with a Chinese company, with the Chinese company owning at least 51% of the shares 3) transfer all applicable IP to that partnership 4) agree to never attempt to restrict their Chinese partner from using that IP in any way they see fit, including if the entity chooses to attach another factory onto the partnership factory, and manufacture the exact same product, with a different label on it, for sale in any market they deem fit, worldwide, and keep all the profit to themselves, paying no fees for the use of the IP. I don't understand why to ITO hasn't taken this issue up.

I always try to buy from non-Chinese manufacture, if at all possible. I even bought the Moto X as it was the only smartphone made in the USA in the past decade. no more - once Lenovo bought Motorola Mobility from Google, shut the plant down and moved the machines to China.