Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October WIRED Magazine - Elon Musk and the Tesla Model S on the Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I just read that article yesterday - pretty interesting, not much new information that this forum has already captured, nice background stories on Tesla.

I was surprised by how much security Toyoda was packing when he visited Musk - a bunch of black Toyota Siennas and a Lexus limo.

The Halloween-tie story was neat.

Also 2 things I noticed in the Model S pics:
- The second row of seating now featured semi-adjustable headrests that were integrated into the back part of the bench (if that makes sense), but it still didn't look functional, more so in a fixed position.
- The Tesla "T" logo on the front quarter panels that are lit now has individual LEDs that make up the amber / orange flame - think Audi's front headlights. It's a trend I don't like on cars (I prefer a solid looking light source at least not Lite Brite but it's too early to make a judgment on that.

Side Note: What was up with the paper stock that they used in that issue, it felt really weird as I was holding the magazine.

That's a great article and a great magazine. I do not how I have been missing that for so long. I like the popular mechanics technology blended with the typical musings for people in this demographic, without the testosterone underpinnings of Maxim or the BMW love seen by the mass auto media. I have been searching for a replacement to my (willingly) lapsed C&D.

I personally thought it was a good article, as mentioned there isn't a whole lot that is new there but the detail in the Toyoda story was just about enough to imagine being there knowing that that day will make or break the future of your company.

After reading that I know Tesla is a company I want to be apart of. Come on DC!

As an outside observer since 12/06, I can say this is one of the best articles on the Tesla story, to date. Flawed, missing some early years info and glossing over the Eberhard issue pretty quickly, but otherwise quite insightful & feel good ego-booster for Elon. I guess as Elon goes, so goes Tesla!

Major Kudos to Mr Musk, and the TESLA world changing team !! WHAT AN ARTICLE !! I am so proud of you all. I would love to meet Elon Musk. More people need to emulate his ACTION STEPS. This Magazine article should eventually be the TESLA STORY MOVIE !!

As an outside observer since 12/06, I can say this is one of the best articles on the Tesla story, to date. Flawed, missing some early years info and glossing over the Eberhard issue pretty quickly, but otherwise quite insightful & feel good ego-booster for Elon. I guess as Elon goes, so goes Tesla!

And just enough tidbits of new stuff to keep reading