Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I finally did it!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

x2Go

Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Well after years of saving and dreaming of one day owning a Tesla, I finally took the plunge and put a deposit on a brand new MS85!!

I couldn't stop smiling at the dealership. This is such a huge accomplishment in my life and I'm just tickled pink :love:

I swear this car was waiting on me because I was just in the store on yesterday and it was not in the system. Went in this morning, prepared to put a deposit on a new build and Voila... another store had a brand new one with the exact same specs that I would have chosen. I get to pick it up on Monday.

A big thanks to TMC for the wealth of info provided for owners and "newbies" like me.

This feels amazing!!!

Well after years of saving and dreaming of one day owning a Tesla, I finally took the plunge and put a deposit on a brand new MS85!!

I couldn't stop smiling at the dealership. This is such a huge accomplishment in my life and I'm just tickled pink :love:

I swear this car was waiting on me because I was just in the store on yesterday and it was not in the system. Went in this morning, prepared to put a deposit on a new build and Voila... another store had a brand new one with the exact same specs that I would have chosen. I get to pick it up on Monday.

A big thanks to TMC for the wealth of info provided for owners and "newbies" like me.

This feels amazing!!!

Nice! You'll love it

Congratulations! So I am at your starting point. I started seeing Model S cars here in Roseville CA and needing to replace our 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland soon, albeit only 70K miles. I started researching and the more I read the more interesting it got. Mind you I am not big on environmental issues so emissions alone would not convince me. I went to the service center here locally and got a quick ride in a P85D, holy crap; blows away the 67 Shelby I once had. A few days later I went for a test drive, I am hooked, i am very surprised that the car is better then the 2 BMW's I have had. The "EV" is just an extra bonus and will hopefully help me justify the expense with the wife. I am another example of the guy who would not have thought to buy an electric vehicle. i hope to buy an S85D in the coming months.

Congratulations!
I have been wanting a Tesla since the Model S debuted several years ago. My Ford Focus Electric lease is up in 10 months, so hope to be in a S85 before then. Would love to not have to worry about range anxiety just driving 60 highway miles.

Congrats! Only one more day of TESLAnxiety!!!...lucky you they had one to your specs and you didn't have to wait months after putting down a deposit--that's a long, hard wait that most of us have had to endure! :cursing: Very happy of you though. Aloha!

Congrats! So glad you found one in inventory, the wait for a new build is torture. I didn't sleep for nearly 2 months. Almost 2 years and over 29,000 miles later, it's still a joy every day to drive this amazing machine.

I know you will love it but I didn't get my from the dealership I had to wait you saw yours and get Monday have a nice time with your model s and remember I hope you enjoy it I had to wait 2 months but now I have my p85d and you accomplished a lot to get what you wanted I had to do the same thing.

Well...it's official!!!! I picked up my car today. I find it absolutely hilarious when people are checking out your car at a red light and then when I look at them they quickly turn their heads.:-D Does this happen a lot? Anyways, I just wanted to give you some glamour shots of my new wheels....... LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!
IMG_0958.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG