Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got a black & black config?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered a black paint + black leather NGS + black headliner P85D with carbon. (p85d)

I have a long time to wait but i'm going back and forth on the exterior colour.

Does anyone have this config and have pictures?

My reasoning is

I've had a white car recently, i'm not overly keen on grey paint, i love blue but havent seen it enough in the flesh to make a decision and i've never been drawn to red although i admit tesla red old and new looks really very nice.

I have to get black seats as i have children and lighter leather whilst nice would show up all their marks.

I had black alcantara headlining on my old car and it looks lovely.

But i've ended up with a config that might not sing the praises its exterior design does. I'm thinking it will dare i say it look a little bland.

:confused:

I have black on black with carbon. I love it but it does take work to make it look clean. A black car will look dirtier quicker than a white car. I do not have the black alcantara as this was not offered when I ordered my car.
This is my car right after getting detailed.
Tesla.JPG

This is with some after market wheels.
Tesla wheels.jpg

I have black on black - -and LOVE it. Piano black decor

Will snap a picture tomorrow and upload.

Till then - an outside picture - also black on black - with red calipers.

Inside I have red mats.

To make it easier to clean I will have an OptiCoat treatment done in 2 weeks from today.

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

591-d-day.png

I have that config... and have not washed the salt off recently, so if I sent you a picture, you'd probably run away screaming, and a thousand other Tesla owners would cite me for abuse. If you really want to see it, I can post one for you. When clean, I think it looks just fine (I have silver cyclones, not black, and would NOT make this mistake again... the blacks are totally bad-ass).

My reasoning for the internal colors... I can't control what passengers and my dogs do in the car, so I'd rather have black which doesn't show dirt. The Alcantera is well worth it... when people touch it (including me) it really adds class to the car. A Tesla is a tactile beast in all ways, and it goes nicely.

And wow, @kseitzberg, the red mats look good. Was that a EU factory thing? We have third party mats here, but they don't sport the Tesla logo or name, and the "licensed" ones are really boring. It was one aspect I miss from Audi where interior pimping is a factory option. Mini Cooper does a good job of that, too.

My reasoning for the internal colors... I can't control what passengers and my dogs do in the car, so I'd rather have black which doesn't show dirt. The Alcantera is well worth it... when people touch it (including me) it really adds class to the car. A Tesla is a tactile beast in all ways, and it goes nicely.
My thoughts as well. Planning on all black interior but waffling on the leather.

The mats has been order online at a Danish webshop -

Bilmaatten.dk

But I think they are produced in Poland or the Baltic countries.

When i received my first TMS - Michael - the owner of the shop, measured my old mats and upon my request made them a bit wider and a bit longer.

Think that you can use google translate to view the page.

I have ordered my S85D with solid black paint with black interior with Matte Obeche wood decor. I would love to order this red mat with black tesla logo printed on it. I tried to go to "Bilmaatten.dk" site, translated the site, and I couldn't properly spot the same mats as I see here. How do I search for it? More importantly, I want to choose for the 2015 year as well.
Could kseitzberg can send me a link?

Thanks guys, the black solid paint looks stunning in those pics. I'm reassured that black with black leather is a nice config.

Does anyone have pics of black leather and black headliner?

Also does solid black paint really show up more imperfections than black matellic which is bad enough.

I've seen black leather with black headliner and it looks even better than I thought it would. I have black on black with carbon fiber but black headliner wasn't available when I bought Bob. When I order Bob II later this year, it will include the black headliner.

IMG_20150328_112807.jpg

Here's a quick picture of my interior from my cell phone. Please no flames about the salt mine. I'm not sure with the sun where it was I could have lined up a good shot of the interior, but I can try to get another from inside my garage if you really want to see it.

In short, all black looks really nice. The only side effect is it is dark enough the "premium" interior lighting seems a bit... underwhelming. Other threads all over TMC about that.

In the 80s I had a car with a black interior. Park at the beach for the day, come back and it was HOT. So hot, we sat on towels to prevent getting burned. The OP, being in the UK, probably won't have those problems, but if in a sunny climate, I wouldn't get black.

Love it, de-chrome looks really nice, especially the front end, is it easy to remove and de-chrome the nose cone?

I'm getting my MC Red blacked out next week. I don't believe they have to physically remove the chrome from the car. I think the black vinyl can be layered right on top of the chrome in place. It probably depends on installer preference though.