Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the P85D's top speed be changed to 155 mph?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, interesting - the press release originally _did_ have a statement that:

See Tesla Model S End-Of-Range-Anxiety Announcement, P85D Top Speed Increase and Valet Mode for a copy.
Valet Mode

Valet Mode conveniently and discreetly limits Model S’s driving performance and restricts access to certain settings and personal information. With the touch of a button, owners can place a limit on speed, lock the glove box and frunk, and disable personal information like driver profiles and homelink settings.

P85D Top Speed

The top speed for P85D is now 155 mph (250 km/h).

Yah. I thought I saw that too, that's why I went back to that link to find it. Interesting...

Also interesting that the "P85D Top Speed" part of that capture wasn't in bolt. Perhaps that's a symptom of an editorial misstep including it in the 6.2 list.

Hmmm, interesting - the press release originally _did_ have a statement that:
..."The top speed for P85D is now 155 mph (250 km/h)."...

Yup:
top155.png

+ Valet Mode + new Autopilot Features - Version 6.2 Details | Forums | Tesla Motors

I just noticed that Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors has the top speed asterisk only on the P85D. Similarly the commentary for the asterisk specifically calls out the P85D configuration.

Does the 85D currently allow 155mph (with 6.1)?

Unfortunately, it was raining at the track on Sunday. I was hoping to find out then. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed that Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors has the top speed asterisk only on the P85D. Similarly the commentary for the asterisk specifically calls out the P85D configuration.

Does the 85D currently allow 155mph (with 6.1)?

Ah, no - fine print at the bottom of the page states that the P85D is currently electronically limited to 130 mph, with an OTA in the coming months to up it to 155.