Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Smileys?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dec 22, 2014
UK
Anyone else think there should be a larger variety of smileys to use on the forum?

Such as...

Smileys.gif

awaits someone to post a smiley holding a ban sign...

i've come across recent tech articles that smileys need to be um, "more diverse." because apparently, all these yellow faces with zero facial hair are ....too caucasian. and male. or whatever.

LOL.

(i agree with OP, btw. But wacky, fun, silly smileys like the ones you posted seem to be in contrast to the TMC ethos, which seems to err on the side being serious, staid, and even sterile, if i may)

:)

Last edited:
(i agree with OP, btw. But wacky, fun, silly smileys like the ones you posted seem to be in contrast to the TMC ethos, which seems to err on the side being serious, staid, and even sterile, if i may)

:)

Huh. I seem to remember *someone* complaining when a certain moderator was NOT serious / staid enough. Whooooooo could that be???

:) << makes it all better, LOL!

But wacky, fun, silly smileys like the ones you posted seem to be in contrast to the TMC ethos, which seems to err on the side being serious, staid, and even sterile, if i may

smile.gif

My perceptions about TMC are quite different to yours, maybe we frequent different threads, or it could be that different people have very different perceptual filters.

Maybe we see what we want to see, maybe we project who we are out in the world and see it reflected back to us, who knows, it is often impossible to say what the truth is as it may be relative, not absolute.

I would describe TMC as full of experts and creative folks, fun, diverse, insightful, informative, argumentative, even verbally combative, competitive(with reputation points..), civilised, hilarious, intelligent, factual, quite literate, tech-savvy, friendly,...with a healthy dose of a spicy snippiness
cool.gif

It would be fancy to have a snippy or a snarky icon in a library, for those snippy moments

Last edited: