Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ConnecTT iPhone App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lump

Mar 31, 2013
So. Cal.
ConnecTT For Tesla on the App Store on iTunes
ConnecTT helps Tesla owners and enthusiasts stay connected with the following:

* Superchargers
* Service Centers
* Stores/Galleries
* Destination Chargers
* Tesla News
* Driver checkins

In addition, you can view locations on a map, view pictures posted by users and see what is coming soon.

Push notifications for driver checkins and new locations are also available!

​Nice app, I saw it on Facebook

I've been using ConnecTT but only took my first out of range trip with it today, out and about on the DELMARVA peninsula, where a centrally located supercharger exists in Salisbury.

As we began to plan toward visiting Salisbury, upon consulting ConnecTT, I observed something very strange. Two different recent checkins there, one by Edward Calis two weeks ago and one by PBSDragon one week ago, reported "0 open stalls" even though they posted photos of their car as the only one on charge at the six stalls. Edward Calis separately posted a five star rating for the site.

Posting a comment like "0 open stalls" suggests that the SC was inoperative. But that doesn't seem plausible in light of the five star rating, and it certainly was not true today. We got a good full power charge. So why would someone do this? I've seen some random comments on Plugshare, but nothing quite like this. Was it malicious? That doesn't seem likely, but what was it then? Was the site in fact down for a while a week or two ago? Anyone know?

ConnecTT version 1.5 is now available. It features Apple Watch support for your Tesla Model S. Uses a Portal Login setting to access the vehicle. Multiple screens on the Apple Watch show the standard data plus extra items like the odometer reading. The sunroof can be opened to Vent, 75% or 100%. For security, I will skip the "Comfort" and fully "Open" choices when away from the vehicle and continue to use vent only. It will be handy to check on charging status without looking at the iPhone. The Apple Watch screen designs are nicely engineered and require a "hard press" to access the controls. This is well designed so the Apple Watch can be used to check the status screens without accidentally opening, closing or changing anything.

ConnecTT For Tesla on the App Store on iTunes

The response if fastest when the Apple Watch is close to the iPhone. The "Max Cool" and "Max Heat" selections change the "Preset On" temperature to LO or HI. To restore your normal temperature setting remotely, you must currently use the Tesla Motors iPhone app. Good to be aware of this issue until a future version that hopefully will give the user the ability to set the exact temperature or perhaps add "68", "70" and "72" selections with the "Climate Off" screen. A simple press of the digital crown is used to ignore a control screen and return to viewing the status. Very understandable human factors design and nicely implemented.

For those who wish to view the screens in more detail, view this report from First Class Agile: Apple App Store Submittal

Last edited:
Hi, I am the app's author. The most recent release only has controls in the Watch app. Controls will be in the main app in the next version.

Ive got the latest with the watch controls. Very nice!

One thing thats a pain with the normal ConnecTT app is finding the supercharger you're parked at and checking in/adding comments. Its always too zoomed out, your location is on top of the charger etc. It would be nice if it made it easier to check in/comment on the charger. Look at PlugShare or the Teslarati app for better examples of how this could be done.