Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Humorous Album Art

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
I listen to radio via TuneIn, as well as podcasts from my iPhone. The album art is frequently humorous. I thought it would be a fun thread to post images of mix-ups.

To start, here's "Fresh Air" on NPR. Flavor Flav and Chuck D!
IMG_0622.JPG

I put on a kids album to calm my son once and the album art was this really scary-looking monster thing with fangs and claws. No text on the cover from what I remember. I think someone at the album art provider was trolling me.

Too bad they don't just use the embedded art and that could have been avoided. :wink:

Tesla please listen, fix your software to add pulling album art from my phone!

No doubt my biggest issue: the completely useless album art lookup for Podcasts. This is what I had to look at while listening to yesterday's BBC World Report about the Airline crash in France. I mean.. SERIOUSLY Tesla! This is ridiculous. I would email [email protected] but that's completely pointless. Maybe I'll get more traction posting here.

2015-03-25 17.17.01.jpg

2015-03-25 17.17.49.jpg

Last edited:
This is really annoying. I reported the podcast album art issue to Tesla last year or earlier. They said resetting the image cache would fix it, and probably never got the bug report back to the right team.

I listen to Astronomy Cast which includes a Dr Pamela Gay. You can imagine the inappropriate art that name conjures. :redface:

Tesla, just don't attempt album art for podcasts. Spotify or Gracenote or wherever you get the art from isn't going to include the correct art!

I don't really even like it for legitimate songs & albums. Some albums have multiple covers, or belong to multiple albums. Often, the one on my phone is different than the car, and it throws me off.

We also have one song we enjoy (no lyrics) with a cover that is mildly inappropriate for our 3yo, so I replaced it on my phone, but that doesn't really help when the car goes out and downloads the original again.

The WGBH Conspiracy!

For years now, no matter what show is on WGBH Radio (NPR in Boston), the description and related image have always been the same:
IMG_1373.JPG

Now Mr. Kogan may be a great violinist...but this has been the creepiest picture to look at for all this time.

I assumed my car was just stuck on this image somehow, and at one point even asked the Service Center to clear it out. Which they did.

It came back.

And now I just noticed that a loner P85 I've been driving also has the same image, which implies that WGBH has been broadcasting the descriptive data wrong all this time. I know Tesla comes up with it's own image from the web, but the data comes from the radio stream somehow.

So I went to another (non-Tesla) car which shows the descriptive data, and for WGBH it does NOT show Brahms, Mozart, or Kogan at all.

So why is it this only shows on Tesla radios? What is it WGBH is trying to say to us? Is Mr. Kogan trapped inside the station and cannot get out?

Great thread! Version 8 keeps the hits coming. How about this for the Economist? Same article playing my two and a half year old BMW i3 (with no OTA updates) and the MS with the latest greatest media player, can you guess which is which?

IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG

Interestingly, the album art changes for the same podcasts from time to time

while v8.0 seems to (mostly) fix album art on songs stored on USB, there are still problems with album art on songs played over Bluetooth from your phone. e.g. with podcasts playing over Bluetooth, I'm guessing that somehow the episode name is looked at to grab some randomly incorrect album art - different episodes of the same podcast series seem to get different art. Other times the album art shown is just blank.

I've seen many strange examples like this one, for a Macworld podcast. different episodes show different art

IMG_4748.JPG

also, songs from the iTunes library stored on the phone played over Bluetooth sometimes show wrong album art too. e.g. this special edition of an Adele album still confuses the Tesla v8 media player over Bluetooth (even though same album displays correctly now in v8 USB media player). Probably not coincidentally, the album art is the same which was shown in the v7 media player when it was ignoring the stored metadata on USB songs.

IMG_4749.JPG