Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding destination chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard in Elon's remarks that Tesla would pay to add a wall type charging plug at locations likely to be destinations for Mode S travelers. Does anyone have info.on this? We plan on spending time in Banner Elk NC this summer and there are no chargers closeby. Who would I contact to see if this location would qualify for a free installaion somewhere in the town?

Destination Charging

If your hotel, resort, club, or other full service destination is interested in partnering with Tesla Motors to install charging hardware, Tesla may be able to provide free or discounted Tesla Wall Connectors for our mutual customers' use.

Designed to incentivize thought leaders in the hospitality industry, Tesla will offer this program to early adopters who wish to attract forward thinking and passionate customers.

Please fill out the form below and if your destination is a good fit, Tesla will reach out to discuss your options.

Request A Destination Charger

:) Good Luck!

Last edited:
Long dormant thread, but a question....

I recently visited a big fancy resort hotel that has two HPWCs installed in the parking lot, with EV-only signs and everything. They did a really nice job.

Question: why doesn't this resort show up as a Destination Charger in my Model S nav map? What does the resort have to do to get Tesla to add it?

Long dormant thread, but a question....

I recently visited a big fancy resort hotel that has two HPWCs installed in the parking lot, with EV-only signs and everything. They did a really nice job.

Question: why doesn't this resort show up as a Destination Charger in my Model S nav map? What does the resort have to do to get Tesla to add it?
Perhaps the resort bought the HPWCs and installed them on their own, not knowing about the destination charging program. Or they had just been installed as part of the program and the list hadn't been updated yet. Email [email protected]