Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model s P85+ delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was expecting to receive the car after Easter. Received call from DS, and the car is now expected to be ready for me by end of March. What a surprise. More surprisingly, DS said because of the long delay, they are going to put the car on tow truck and have it delivered to my house.

Despite the delay due to west coast dock strike, i have never had the same experience with car dealer.

I only hope that the car is built according to spec, and everything works right.

I was expecting to receive the car after Easter. Received call from DS, and the car is now expected to be ready for me by end of March. What a surprise. More surprisingly, DS said because of the long delay, they are going to put the car on tow truck and have it delivered to my house.

Despite the delay due to west coast dock strike, i have never had the same experience with car dealer.

I only hope that the car is built according to spec, and everything works right.

I got the same treatment, though in my case, they HAD to do that because they couldn't get the license in time. Occupy Central started on a Sunday, they were going to get the Transport Department paperwork the following day (Monday), and then I would pick up my car the day after (Tuesday). However, because the paperwork couldn't be completed on Monday, they delivered the car to me on a tow truck on Tuesday instead (without a license so it just sat there in my garage for two days.)

I wonder if my delivery date on 30 September and your delivery by the end of March both getting deliveries by tow truck is a coincidence. Specifically, both are the last few days of a quarter. My suspicion (though I have no supporting evidence whatsoever) is that they want to jack up deliveries at the end of the quarter so they will do whatever it takes to get cars out the door in those last few days.

Hi AppleFan,
exactly what I thought, i.e. they want to get the sales by quarter end. I kept on saying it is fine for me to pick it up on 1st April, but they keep saying they wanted to keep the schedule date (being March). Nonetheless, I don't mind to have the car simply sitting in the garage for a couple of days.

I wonder if my delivery date on 30 September and your delivery by the end of March both getting deliveries by tow truck is a coincidence. Specifically, both are the last few days of a quarter. My suspicion (though I have no supporting evidence whatsoever) is that they want to jack up deliveries at the end of the quarter so they will do whatever it takes to get cars out the door in those last few days.

I think that at this point it is more than a suspicion. March, June, September and December are definitely the major delivery push months for Tesla HK.

The theory is that they build most of our cars in the 1st month, then get them on the boat, ready for delivery in the 3rd month.