Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paducah is off for 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well that stinks! I need to go west from Nashville, and Paducah would have made it so much easier to get to I-70. What I really need is for Tesla to work on the I-40 stretch west from Nashville to Oklahoma City. Not sure what the holdup heading west on I-40 is.

If I'm driving through Nashville, TN on my way to St Louis it would be out of my way to go through Sikeston, MO.

I'd enjoy Lambert's Cafe throwed rolls but not enough to go through Sikeston. We will need a Supercharger at both Paducah, KY and Sikeston, MO.

I had a feeling it was going to get delayed... I go to Florida a couple of times a year. I did it following the SC route St. Louis, Indianapolis, Lexington, Knoxville etc. and would not like to do it again, added way to many miles and to much time as well. So much so, for my December trip, I will be renting an ICE, Argh. Come on Tesla finish out the I-24 corridor!

Peace,
Father Bill

We drive from St Louis area to Southwest Florida. Down in the Fall and back for the Summer. My S is now four years old and has never made the trip. Configured my Model S before Elon even mentioned Superchargers. I can't get upset because they're taking too long. Didn't think when I ordered my S it would be able to travel long distances.

My S has been up and down the East Coast several times but never to the Midwest. When Paducah Supercharger go live I'll be able to retire our Lexus RX 330.

It may sound silly but my decision to purchase a MS is on hold due my inability to drive from southern Illinois via 64 to southern Maryland (via Richmond Va) to visit our first grand child. That's a pretty big hole in the SC network. In the meantime we'll use our Volt.

It may sound silly but my decision to purchase a MS is on hold due my inability to drive from southern Illinois via 64 to southern Maryland (via Richmond Va) to visit our first grand child. That's a pretty big hole in the SC network. In the meantime we'll use our Volt.

It's absolutely _not_ silly. If you're going to spend a lot of money on a car, you want to be able to use it. I'm sure that along with the many like me who're waiting for a lower price, there are many others like you who're waiting for the infrastructure to be built out.

Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have a wait as it looks more like Tesla's working on I-81 and I-40. But maybe they'll be opportunistic and fill in to make connections where they can.

Last edited:
Not a challenge but intrigued: how do you know that the hotels at exit 4 are one of the most profitable in the world for each chain?

It was on the news when I used to live there. They had a segment on and were interview the Hilton there. they were then talking about how there are a lot of hotels being built around the exit 4 area.

- - - Updated - - -

I also agree. Not silly. Maybe next year for you when Mt. Vernon and Paducah come online... Hopefully.

If Paducah, KY is a problem why not put the Supercharger in Metropolis, IL. It's 165 miles from the Nashville, TN Supercharger and 190 miles to the St Charles, MO Supercharger.

Getting ready to make the drive in my ICE. Hopefully something will be in place by Summer 2016.

I dont know about Eddyville. It's just too far from the St. Charles (St. Louis) Supercharger to Eddyville, but Paducah is close enough. You are not going to get a lot of people going from E-town down the western ky parkway to get to nashville. Not a lot of people go to Eddyville to go south on I-24 there.. They'd just take the perry or i65