Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App for Racers Concept

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Guys. I'm working on concept of application for Tesla car for drivers who like to race on tracks. This app will help driver to accomplish their goals and in the it will show a driver info with all results of race. So i need some info from people who really have a Tesla car and have some experience in racing on Tesla car. I need to know your desires and needs to make this app more useful. Could anyone help me? Thanks

1. What are the most valuable info for you during the race?
2. What are the most valuable info for you after the race is over. What main race details you want to know at he and of the race?
3. Will it be useful for you compare your results with other drivers? What results you want to compare?
4. Will it be comfortable for you if you will have a projection from hub-display on your front window with some hints about the turns. For example you will see some kind of line through the way you should be going to make this turn perfect.

1. What are the most valuable info for you during the race?
2. What are the most valuable info for you after the race is over. What main race details you want to know at he and of the race?
3. Will it be useful for you compare your results with other drivers? What results you want to compare?
4. Will it be comfortable for you if you will have a projection from hub-display on your front window with some hints about the turns. For example you will see some kind of line through the way you should be going to make this turn perfect.

1. During the race the most important information while I'm racing is my current speed. Lap time so far, previous lap times. If possible, entry speed into turns on previous laps would be awesome, along with max G in each turn. Gap + or - vs previous laps would also be helpful.
2. After the race I'd love to see the lines I took into each corner, and able to see my speed along that line.
3. Comparing all the data above would be awesome, including lap times.
4. This would be awesome when learning a new course.

What type of app are you looking at making? Phone app? or a full heads up display unit mounted in the car?

It would be nice if some others with more experience than I would chime in.

it will be the app for infotaintment system but for now it's just a concept.
you really helped me a lot, thanks!
could you give some more answers
1. for how long did you practice in driving?
2. would you like to become a kind of pro driver in future or just racing for your pleasure ?

- - - Updated - - -

2. would you like to become a kind of pro driver in future or just racing for your pleasure ?

But...the Model S typically goes into a power limited mode after just a lap or two, or on a longer track even before it completes one lap.

Not sure I see the point point of such an app.

There are still those of us who track our car. If you don't see the point or aren't interested move on.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

1. Sessions are usually 10-15 minutes.
2. I just race for the fun of it.

Hardest thing was teaching it where the start/finish line is. It required pressing small buttons while passing the line, which is usually located on a long, fast straight. This feels dangerous. Slowing down is not always an option when other drivers are going very fast.

Hardest thing was teaching it where the start/finish line is. It required pressing small buttons while passing the line, which is usually located on a long, fast straight. This feels dangerous. Slowing down is not always an option when other drivers are going very fast.
thanks!
will it be useful for you to see the hints for turns like in this screenshots?
Head-Up Display 2.0 - Augmented Reality

and one more question: do you know some special verbal commands for drivers? for example when there is a second pilot in car and he is giving you advices all the time about your actions and how you should accomplish the turns

You may want to think more generic, and post your questions on other car boards. I don't see anything that is Tesla specific about a racing app.

I've seen various phone apps that measure various aspects of car performance using the built-in accelerometer; there's nothing car-brand specific about them.

I have a hardware datalogger in my track car (accelerometer, GPS, various sensor inputs). There's nothing Porsche-specific about it:
Products Data loggers - Racing - Race Technology Ltd - Automotive Technical Excellence

thanks!
will it be useful for you to see the hints for turns like in this screenshots?
Head-Up Display 2.0 - Augmented Reality

and one more question: do you know some special verbal commands for drivers? for example when there is a second pilot in car and he is giving you advices all the time about your actions and how you should accomplish the turns

I think that would be useful for rallying more than racing on a track, where you repeat the same turn sequence over and over again.