Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Green Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to stop by Castle Rock to see the High DC charger. Didn't realize these are all owned/operated by AV. Was planning on having a quick L2 charge while grabbing some lunch but seems extremely cumbersome to have to call their customer support line to do a single charge. I could see this souring someone's experience who hasn't been exposed to how simple supercharging(or even Blink) is.

Decided to stop by Castle Rock to see the High DC charger. Didn't realize these are all owned/operated by AV. Was planning on having a quick L2 charge while grabbing some lunch but seems extremely cumbersome to have to call their customer support line to do a single charge. I could see this souring someone's experience who hasn't been exposed to how simple supercharging(or even Blink) is.

Does Blink not require a card or fob or calling in? How do they get paid?

AV requires a fob ($15 one time fee) and is $20/mo unlimited or $7 dc $4 ac

I thought the $15 fob was only for monthly subscription.

Blink's card is free and even without it you can use a guest pass either via email or app which is just a 6 digit pin.

I didn't call the number since we were only there for a few minutes but I feel like the blink setup is much simpler than a 1-800 number.

I've never understood their setup for single use fees. I've used it once so far and I was lucky in that I didn't have to wait. But the process was still not very streamlined. It should not be that hard for them to setup a pay site/app where you enter the charger number and credit card info to activate it. Even an automated phone system can do the job. Making you wait for a human for a simple transaction just adds time to the whole situation. But maybe that's their way of pushing people to the $20 per month plan as I'm sure that's more profitable. :smile:

At least they got their chargers right as they have been very reliable. Unlike Blink with easy to use payment methods on chargers that don't work half the time and cost way more!