Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D: Screw on top of folding mirror arm??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the screw - you only see it when the mirrors are folded in.

20150324_215722495_iOS.jpg

I'm guessing this was changed when the auto folding was introduced.
On my Nov 2014 built 85 with folding mirrors, the screw head is not visible when the mirror folds out.
Does anyone without folding mirrors have this screw?

P.S. Tough Crowd. :wink:

My P85D has the 'screws'.....ok by me. I would be more concerned if I missed out on a heated steering wheel and way more concerned that it did not come with the 'new seats'.
there is a possibility that having the screws indicates that a hardware retrofit of sideview cameras will be easier

My P85D has the 'screws'.....ok by me. I would be more concerned if I missed out on a heated steering wheel and way more concerned that it did not come with the 'new seats'.
there is a possibility that having the screws indicates that a hardware retrofit of sideview cameras will be easier
Does the screw go all the way through the bottom of the mirror post? It's not like they can mount cameras or do anything with that screw hole given its covered with the mirrors unfolded.

My P85 didn't have the screws, but my friends December made S85 (VIN 63XXX) and my December made P85D (Vin 66xxx) have the ugly screw. Why would Tesla put an exposed philips screw on this car? Seems a bit weird, and almost like they needed to do it temporarily for some reason.