Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hilton Hotels welcomes Tesla Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lump

Mar 31, 2013
So. Cal.
Been waiting for something like this.

The Redondo Beach Supercharger is located at the front entrance of Hilton Garden Inn, its large new hotel, on the charging cabinets they hung this banner...
IMG_0325.JPG

I went to the front desk & inquired if this was a corporate decesion & if we can expect more Hiltons to welcome Superchargers & the reception said the owner owned 2 locations & he was very favorable to Tesla. I asked about the "perks" & she gave me this...

IMG_0328.jpg

They even have a Tesla menu...

IMG_0326.jpg

Hopefully other establishments will follow.

Hilton are very tesla friendly, the Wheeling WV supercharger is at a Hampton inn (Hilton). Hilton Orlando has a HPWC as does the Hilton Myrtle Beach (to name a few). Luckily it is my work choice of Hotel and as I'm a diamond member, my summer family roadtrip is both convenient and Free.

Hilton Inn, 4 W Oak Hill Rd, Jamestown, NY.

(2) Hiltons at 35 & 51 Arnot Rd, Horseheads, NY

Hampton Inn, 9775 Victory Hwy, Painted Post, NY

(3) Hiltons/Hamptons in Erie, PA

(2) Hiltons & (2) Hamptons in Columbia, MO

Lets get TM working on these, the most needed of all SpC locations!!
--

Fantastic targeting. Let's hope Hilton corporate hears about this; it could only encourage more superchargers at Hilton-branded locations. This could even be a good idea for Destination Charging locations in addition to superchargers.

This is a peek at the future I think where a company being Tesla compatible will be synonymous with having EV infrastructure. Apparently everyone will be driving a Tesla in the future because other car companies are still so stupid they're essentially doing nothing. They don't see the tidal wave coming.

This is one savvy hotel owner.

Most hotels aren't the right location for Superchargers, but every hotel should be adding Level 2 charging, preferably with at least 40A available to the car. It's not just Tesla anymore that is making EVs that can travel long distances (admittedly, they have the only BEVs in that category now), and with GM and Ford signed up for 200 mile BEVs, charging availability will increasingly be a deciding competitive advantage. Few today will stay at a hotel without WiFi; in the future, I think charging will be in a similar category.