Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sheridan, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Friday I emailed the Sheridan building department asking about any Tesla permits. Response today was that while the building department has had conversations with Tesla, as of today nothing has been submitted for the project. So, they are working on it, just hope it would be faster.

oh ok...I am coming thru there on a cross country trip from Virginia in late June. I am planning to stay overnight at Wayside RV Park in Broadus since the Sheridan SC won't be up by then.

As I-70 fills in, consider Tremonton to Bozeman via an overnight in Jackson and tour Yellowstone, or Tremonton to Butte with a top up in Idaho Falls as alternative routes.

Last edited:
Sheridan Supercharger permitted for the Best Western Sheridan Center, 612Main Street as of 4/25/15. FINALLY looks like Denver and Rapid City become possible w/ plugshare backups in Gillette and Casper. Hooray!!!!!

That's been up for several days and the "day count" remains 0--this is not officially permitted. There is strong circumstantial evidence that the Best Western will be the site, though we've been fooled before here in Sheridan with impending builds.

addendum: day count is now accruing--maybe I was thrown by cache.

Last edited:
Went by the Sheridan Best Western today and met with the GM, Gunter. He reiterated that ground should be broken this month and that superchargers should be live by July. He also mentioned that his owner has a couple service station properties in Gillette and they are being considered for superchargers. I imagine the contractor will do the jobs serially and hopefully close the I-90 gap this summer. He pointed out the location for the six chargers here so I know where to focus my attention for any action. He gave me his email address in order to solicit updates, as well.

Went by the Sheridan Best Western today and met with the GM, Gunter. He reiterated that ground should be broken this month and that superchargers should be live by July. He also mentioned that his owner has a couple service station properties in Gillette and they are being considered for superchargers. I imagine the contractor will do the jobs serially and hopefully close the I-90 gap this summer. He pointed out the location for the six chargers here so I know where to focus my attention for any action. He gave me his email address in order to solicit updates, as well.
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to some construction photos soon.