Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker - Does this happen to others?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New MS and new to Slacker. I only use one channel I created in the car. I select "like" and "dislike" for each song I hear (I have used Pandora at home). No matter how many time I "dislike" a song from these three artists (Journey, Fleetwood Mac, AeroSmith) it keeps bringing up more of their songs. It happens so often it's actually funny. I realized that "dislike" only effects the song and not the artist but after three weeks in, it probably plays only about a dozen artists which includes those same three I don't want to hear.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Perhaps I need to skip the Tesla account and start a Radio Plus or Premium account...

New MS and new to Slacker. I only use one channel I created in the car. I select "like" and "dislike" for each song I hear (I have used Pandora at home). No matter how many time I "dislike" a song from these three artists (Journey, Fleetwood Mac, AeroSmith) it keeps bringing up more of their songs. It happens so often it's actually funny. I realized that "dislike" only effects the song and not the artist but after three weeks in, it probably plays only about a dozen artists which includes those same three I don't want to hear.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Perhaps I need to skip the Tesla account and start a Radio Plus or Premium account...

You're disliking Journey? Who dislikes Journey? Your Tesla probably can't believe anyone would dislike Journey and is overriding your selection.

Like and Dislike are for songs, not artists. And only on that channel, meaning you can hear a disliked song on another Slacker channel. And only on that album, meaning they can have the same song in the database on two different albums ("Escape" and "Greatest Hits"). It's not a perfect system. But the FF button is right there...