Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my P85D today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10339532_10205249812439294_8181173762910606358_o.jpg
Really enjoying it right now

Congrats. Those two cars compliment each other nicely, I think. People often expect the GTR to be a luxury car, it is not. However, by the same measure, the P85D isn't going to offer track prowess to the level of the Nissan. Both cars are wonderful and shine in their own arenas. I'd be thrilled to have those two cars in my garage. :)

Congrats. Those two cars compliment each other nicely, I think. People often expect the GTR to be a luxury car, it is not. However, by the same measure, the P85D isn't going to offer track prowess to the level of the Nissan. Both cars are wonderful and shine in their own arenas. I'd be thrilled to have those two cars in my garage. :)

My sentiments exactly. +1
In fact, I was looking at the GTR before learning about the Model S a couple of years back. Never regretted the decision by a long shot, but if I had the money I would have both.

In that case, I'm gonna have to make one

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding someone to drive either of the cars for you. I hope you'll do it at a track where it is safe. Which car do you suspect will win? I'll predict the GT-R but it will be very close, assuming it's stock with an experienced driver. P85d will take the first 1/8th mile but GT-R will catch up and slowly pass.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding someone to drive either of the cars for you. I hope you'll do it at a track where it is safe. Which car do you suspect will win? I'll predict the GT-R but it will be very close, assuming it's stock with an experienced driver. P85d will take the first 1/8th mile but GT-R will catch up and slowly pass.

The GTR is stock. If launch control is used, I think the GTR will win 1/8 and 1/4. The P85D may have the jump, but wont hold the lead very long.

I had a GTR and sold it about a year after getting my first Model S. I loved my GTR (2013 Black Edition) but once I got the Tesla I hardly ever drove it. I do miss it every once in a while but I know I would barley drive it. Just giving you a heads up :wink: