Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound insulation question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently I got my hands on a copy of the Tesla documentation for the sound insulation installation, and it looks like there were two levels that could be purchased:

Level one was basically some dynamat type material on certain areas of the floor, some padding that was installed on vertical surfaces like the door panels and behind the seats, new wheel well liners, and some dynamat on the belly pans.

I've already swapped in the new fabric wheel well liners, and since my car came with the plastic ones, I figured none of the sound insulation work had been done. So I ordered some dynamat to tackle the belly pans, popped them off last night, and discovered they already had the dynamat strips installed as per the directions.

So my question is this... What's the easiest way to tell whether any of the interior sound insulation has been added? Is there an easy way to peek under the carpet at the floorboards, or at the area behind the seats, without actually removing the seats, center console, etc.? Mainly I'm just trying to figure out what I do need to buy in terms of dynamat and dynaliner, and what I might be able to skip if some of it is already in place.

Thanks!