Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tremonton, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The contractor who installed the SLC Supercharger confirmed that Tremonton was under construction. He also mentioned bids for Park City and Price but didn't know the timelines for those installations.

Well, while I was impatiently waiting to see if any of you could check out the construction on it, apparently it went live already. It's on Tesla's Find Us page, and supercharge.info now.

Wow! That's awesome! I hoping that Twin Falls is next, then Boise is within reach easily.

I'm debating if I want to try going from Tremonton directly to Boise. I think it's doable with slow drivin'.

Wow! That's awesome! I hoping that Twin Falls is next, then Boise is within reach easily.

I'm debating if I want to try going from Tremonton directly to Boise. I think it's doable with slow drivin'.
Plugshare shows 3 or 4 entries for Twin Falls. You could always use those as your back up plan.

@mmh, I sure wouldn't recommend trying that in one shot. Evtripplanner shows something like 280 to 300 rated miles for it, depending on variables, even with a 0.9 speed factor.

@KJD, Yes, Twin Falls has some good options. If you have dual chargers, (I don't), there is an owner named Cleve with a full 80 amp HPWC. I've used the other two good options there in town: The Blue Lakes Inn will let you use their 14-50 for $8 as a non-guest. Or, there is a dentist's office where he has a 14-50 on the outside of the building, free for people to use outside of Monday through Friday business hours. So if you stop there in Twin Falls for an hour or so, it should work pretty well.

@mmh, I sure wouldn't recommend trying that in one shot. Evtripplanner shows something like 280 to 300 rated miles for it, depending on variables, even with a 0.9 speed factor.

Based on my previous trips to Boise, I think I could do it, with a couple RM (A couple, as in 1 to 10RM) left in the battery, assuming I left with A full range charge from Tremonton and cruise set to 55MPH. If I attempt this, I'll definitely post about it.

If they don't have another SC up there by the next time I head up to Boise, I'll likely try it just for the challenge... and I'll have a tow truck on speed dial, for when I find out I was totally wrong. =D

I asked a friend who is driving from Boise to SLC today and had him stop to take a few pics for us, here she is all her glory:
IMG_5062.JPG
IMG_5066.JPG

Last edited:
The question in my mind is will Tesla miss yet another opportunity to provide access to Yellowstone and Grand Teton during _this_ summer's vacation season (by putting an SC in Idaho Falls at least, if not West Yellowstone and Jackson/Moran as well), as they did last year by not completing I-90 as far east as Bozeman during the spring instead of December. Judging by the 2015 and 2016 maps it appears to be their plan to wait until 2016 for reasons I can't fathom, especially now that both Norcal and Socal can make a SC-only run to SLC.

GRA, I estimate that from Temonton one can reach to Jackson, WY or West Yellowstone with an 85 KwH battery with room to spare if one drives conservatively. Once there one can recharge at a campground overnight or at a hotel with proper amperage. Road tripping with a Tesla "off the grid", away from superchargers, is not a bad experience. Give it a try :smile:

GRA, I estimate that from Temonton one can reach to Jackson, WY or West Yellowstone with an 85 KwH battery with room to spare if one drives conservatively. Once there one can recharge at a campground overnight or at a hotel with proper amperage. Road tripping with a Tesla "off the grid", away from superchargers, is not a bad experience. Give it a try :smile:

Someone is from San Francisco and is used to having Superchargers everywhere. However, I do commend him, because he is at least here slumming it with us, pointing out the need for them in these remote areas, rather than hanging with the usual Bay silver-spoon crowd complaining how they need more Superchargers in California because they had to wait a whole 12 minutes until a spot opened up where they could plug in. Class warfare is alive and well!

Getting to Jackson, WY from Tremonton or Bozeman in an 85 is pretty straight forward in summer conditions. The other way is easy in both cases because of the down hill direction. With an overnight charge in Jackson, Yellowstone seems pretty easy this summer.

Based on my previous trips to Boise, I think I could do it, with a couple RM (A couple, as in 1 to 10RM) left in the battery, assuming I left with A full range charge from Tremonton and cruise set to 55MPH. If I attempt this, I'll definitely post about it.

If they don't have another SC up there by the next time I head up to Boise, I'll likely try it just for the challenge... and I'll have a tow truck on speed dial, for when I find out I was totally wrong. =D

@mmh, Well, there is a similarly adventurous spirit who just did the drive from the Winnemucca Supercharger non-stop up to Boise on highway 95 without a charging stop at the RV park in Jordan Valley Oregon. I had looked at that route, and it seemed doable but tight. He did have to stay under the speed limit much of the way.
Boise, Idaho owners | Forums | Tesla Motors

Yes, with an S85 in good conditions it's possible to get to Jackson, but surely the point of SCs is to allow _all_ Teslas to get to typical destinations? Jackson is 207 RM, W. Yellowstone 278 RM under ideal conditions for a 60. As for being from the Bay Area and being used to having SCs everywhere, see my sig. I'm as personally disinterested as it's possible to be at the moment, re SC access to these areas. I just think Tesla is missing obvious opportunities, while concentrating on through transcontinental routes that almost no one needs. Anyone who can afford a Model S or X will fly for business if it's more than a few hundred miles, because their time is valuable. That leaves recreational trips, and the biggest recreational destinations off I-15 and I-90 in that area are Yellowstone and Grand Teton NPs (plus Glacier off I-90), so why the delay in providing access to them? Let's just say I have a philosophical disagreement with Tesla over their supercharger deployment rationale.