Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request: 'Open all unread subscribed threads in new tabs' button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
How hard would it be to add a button on the subscribed threads page that opened all threads with new posts in new tabs to the first unread post? :biggrin:

I tend to just CTRL+Click down the line... a lazy solution would be nicer though :cool:

Control (or middle mouse button) click works for me. It would be welcome when browsing from a tablet though, where right clicking requires a long press then an accurate tap on the "Open in new window" option.

I don't know where the original came from, here is my copy. I use it by clicking on "what's new", which brings up a page full of threads. Then in a bookmark I have the following code saved, so I click on the bookmark. It will traverse all the threads on the page opening each one in a new tab and jumping to the first unread post in that thread. Works for me in Chrome on Mac. I don't recall if I had to modify the original or not.

Code:
javascript:(function(){ var aElems=document.getElementsByTagName('a'); if (document.createEvent) { for(var i=0;i<aElems.length;++i){ if(aElems[i].href.indexOf('?goto=newpost')>0){ var oEvent = null; oEvent = document.createEvent('MouseEvents'); oEvent.initMouseEvent('click', true, true, document.defaultView, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, false, false, false, true, 0, aElems[i]); aElems[i].dispatchEvent(oEvent); } } } } )();