Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what's going on in Wyoming? The state is a big hole in the cross country supercharging network. Tesla's map shows a supercharger in Sheridan "coming soon", but supercharge.info shows no permit and no construction.

Had been planning a road trip from Oregon to Chicago since getting delivery Jan. 2013. Gave up on it last week and made plane reservations before there were none at decent prices. No charger in Sheridan or Gillette. I could have coped with one missing, but two in a row is too much. I'm sure Tesla is doing its best, but I am disappointed.

I brought this up elsewhere and got some helpful responses:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...d-can-I-go-318-miles-(Rapid-City-to-Billings)
I plan to make the trip at the end of May. Given the info in the thread above, I'm hoping to stop at Belle Forch (or something like that) for only a few hours (have lunch, take a nap, etc.) and be on my way in this gap between SupCs.

See latest news at Crowd Funding an HPWC in Sheridan, WY — Casper and Gillette to Possibly Follow - Page 4 and my analysis of this route at Crowd Funding an HPWC in Sheridan, WY — Casper and Gillette to Possibly Follow - Page 5.

Hopefully, there will be 80 Amp HPWC's in Sheridan by the time you take your trip, and if we are all lucky, some more in Gillette by then.

Have a great trip!

Crowdfunding thread now says "Hampton Inn HPWC is installed as of 4/20/15 and is only awaiting a 100Amp breaker.
Also, FWIW, staff at the Best Western downtown says they are getting the SC in Sheridan, but that construction won't start until July.

Spoke with the General Manager (Gunter H. Orband) at the Best Western Sheridan in downtown. He confirms that they are getting the SC's in their parking lot and says they are starting construction "in early May".
However, seeing as it isn't showing as permitted yet at supercharge.info, beginning of construction may be delayed.

Spoke with the General Manager (Gunter H. Orband) at the Best Western Sheridan in downtown. He confirms that they are getting the SC's in their parking lot and says they are starting construction "in early May".
However, seeing as it isn't showing as permitted yet at supercharge.info, beginning of construction may be delayed.

Great sleuthing!!!

I suspect that your sleuthing and reporting here may have created the blue dot in Sheridan! :cool: