Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Village of Pinecrest (South of Miami) Installing 2 Tesla HPWCs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DJ Frustration

Former Model X Sig, Model S, Model 3, Model Y
Jun 19, 2012
Miami, Florida
Got word at a Pinecrest Gardens Advisory Committee Meeting that the Village of Pinecrest is close to installing two HPWCs. Going to stay on top of it to find out specific dates, but here are the two locations.

Village Hall
12645 South Dixie Highway
Pinecrest, FL 33156
12645 Pinecrest Pkwy, Pinecrest, FL 33156 - Google Maps
What's Nearby: US1/South Dixie Highway has plenty of food and coffee options within walking distance. Evelyn Greer park is a 2 minute walk as is Suniland Park. Both have playgrounds for kiddos and free wifi.

Pinecrest Gardens
11000 S Red Rd
Pinecrest, FL 33156
Pinecrest Gardens - Google Maps
What's Nearby: Pinecrest Gardens 20-acre botanical gardens, playground, petting zoo. Pinecrest Library and Community Center (gym, classes, etc.). Sunday Farmer's Market - one of the best farmer's markets in Miami-Dade County.
Existing CHAdeMO DCFC station: Pinecrest Gardens | Pinecrest, FL | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Stay tuned.

I used the Pinecrest Gardens a few days ago. Added 40 miles of range and received over temperature aler so unit required reset. Later I was told that if max charge is set at 40 Amos the over temp will not happen. 388V at 40'amos us still much faster than level two. I will try that tomorrow and report what happens.

Pinecrest Gardens us a delightful place to spend an hour or so. I hope the Tesla chargers come soon!

I used the Pinecrest Gardens a few days ago. Added 40 miles of range and received over temperature aler so unit required reset. Later I was told that if max charge is set at 40 Amos the over temp will not happen. 388V at 40'amos us still much faster than level two. I will try that tomorrow and report what happens.

Pinecrest Gardens us a delightful place to spend an hour or so. I hope the Tesla chargers come soon!

If you're charging via CHAdeMO, I don't believe you can set the amperage since it is similar to the way a supercharger communicates. If this temp error message is still an issue, please report it to Pinecrest Gardens Director, Alana Perez in the main/upstairs office.

Of course you are correct and prescient in your advice. Indeed amperage us not user-controllable. I want to the office and a man named Adam immediately sent a service man to do a reset. He confirmed earlier posts that the problem seems mostly to do with unit cleaning, which produces periodic over temps. Wayne, the operations manger did a reset and said they have an overtop about once per week, which maintenance has so far not resolved.

Everyone here is very kind and helpful. This makes me a fan of Pinecrest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke with Pinecrest Gardens Director Alana Perez yesterday. The Village of Pinecrest was waiting to get LEED credits to install the HPWC's. They were ready to do so but then an issue popped up. Will try to learn more and update the group on any developments. They seem to only have the overheating problem on the DC QuickCharge station with Tesla Model S vehicles. Other vehicles don't.

Of course you are correct and prescient in your advice. Indeed amperage us not user-controllable. I want to the office and a man named Adam immediately sent a service man to do a reset. He confirmed earlier posts that the problem seems mostly to do with unit cleaning, which produces periodic over temps. Wayne, the operations manger did a reset and said they have an overtop about once per week, which maintenance has so far not resolved.

Everyone here is very kind and helpful. This makes me a fan of Pinecrest.

FYI, I had a meeting with Pinecrest and an Electrical Contractor to discuss the HPWC install and the cleaning of the DC Quick Charge station. They should complete the cleaning by the end of this week. Hopefully, that will fix the temperature errors experienced on the station when Teslas charge.

Thanks for these updates. I, for one, am very interested and happy that Pinecrest is so progressive regarding our favorite topic! It makes me want to live there.:smile:

FYI, I had a meeting with Pinecrest and an Electrical Contractor to discuss the HPWC install and the cleaning of the DC Quick Charge station. They should complete the cleaning by the end of this week. Hopefully, that will fix the temperature errors experienced on the station when Teslas charge.
I charged yesterday there. I did atop and restart for two cycles, to get tho a minimum acceptable charge, then let it go by itself to 90%. It never failed. It seems their cleaning worked. Thanks.

Another compliment to Pinecrest. I went to Pinecrest Gardens today to visit the Farmers market, so decided to charge a little also. there was a Nissan Volt charging there as i arrived. I had a nice conversation with the owners. Subsequently I hd a nice charge with no problems. Many people noticed the Leaf and the Model S. More kudos to Pinecrest.

Great news folks. The HPWC at Pinecrest Village Hall is operational. The HPWC at Pinecrest Gardens is installing today and should be operational within a day or two.

As the only Destination Charger between downtown Miami and Islamorada in the Keys, these may get used fairly often. If you enjoy using the chargers, please send a quick thank you to Village of Pinecrest Manager Yocie Galiano Gomez at [email protected].

The locations again are:
Pinecrest Village Hall
Pinecrest, FL 33156
What's Nearby: US1/South Dixie Highway has plenty of food and coffee options within walking distance. Evelyn Greer park is a 2 minute walk as is Suniland Park. Both have playgrounds for kiddos and free wifi.

Pinecrest Gardens
11000 S Red Rd
Pinecrest, FL 33156
Pinecrest Gardens - Google Maps
What's Nearby: Pinecrest Gardens 20-acre botanical gardens, playground, petting zoo. Pinecrest Library and Community Center (gym, classes, etc.). Sunday Farmer's Market - one of the best farmer's markets in Miami-Dade County.
Existing CHAdeMO DCFC station: Pinecrest Gardens | Pinecrest, FL | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Great news folks. The HPWC at Pinecrest Village Hall is operational. The HPWC at Pinecrest Gardens is installing today and should be operational within a day or two.

As the only Destination Charger between downtown Miami and Islamorada in the Keys, these may get used fairly often. If you enjoy using the chargers, please send a quick thank you to Village of Pinecrest Manager Yocie Galiano Gomez at [email protected].

The locations again are:
Pinecrest Village Hall
Pinecrest, FL 33156
I charged today at Pinecrest Village Hall. The charger was iced by a Contractors pickup so it was not initially visible. eventually the kind people of Pinecrest showed me where it was. the charger cable is long and easily reached my car in the adjoining space. Charge was consistent 80Amp/240Volts. More kudos to Pinecrest. The adjoining small strip mall allowed the two of us to leave money in Pinecrest since we bought lunch at the thai restaurant and bought a case of wine and a couple bottles of olive oil in the Italian market. Charging here, two Nissan and the single HPWC, is very nice due to the plethora of nearby places. The Falls is less than a mile away and makes a pleasant walk to while away a long full charge.

I can confirm that both locations are operational. The electrical contractor fabricated a special pedestal to match the beauty of the HPWC. It's not live on the Destination Charging map yet but it should be within a few days.

Please send an email thanking Pinecrest if anyone has a chance.