Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargePoint DC Charger Prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that ChargePoint is selling 24kW to 50kW DC chargers. I asked for more information and was given a price list.

Slow chargers
24kW BMW (SAE Combo): $13,5000
25kW Fuji (CHAdeMO): $30,000

Fast Chargers
44kW Nissan (CHAdeMO): $15,500
50kW Efacec (CHAdeMo and SAE Combo): $38,143

Now, does anyone have a spare 3 phase 480v 100amp hook up :)

I noticed that ChargePoint is selling 24kW to 50kW DC chargers. I asked for more information and was given a price list.

Slow chargers
24kW BMW (SAE Combo): $13,5000
25kW Fuji (CHAdeMO): $30,000

Fast Chargers
44kW Nissan (CHAdeMO): $15,500
50kW Efacec (CHAdeMo and SAE Combo): $38,143

Now, does anyone have a spare 3 phase 480v 100amp hook up :)

I'm all out of those.

Hey, don't forget you'll have to add $450 for the CHAdeMO adapter. :)

(Thanks for posting, it's interesting to see the prices.)

Reactions: Kacey Green
I wrote to ChargePoint recently to ask about pricing for their new CPE100 and CPE200 chargers, and got the following back:

DC Fast Charger Stations (level 3):
ChargePoint Express 100 (SAE Combo OR CHAdeMo): $12,500
ChargePoint Express 200 (CHAdeMO AND SAE Combo): $35,800

The CPE100 puts out 25kw, meaning one would get about 70mph of range from it. It's about the size of a small medicine cabinet and seems designed for wall mounting (although there is a pedestal option). The CPE200 is the one you want: It puts out 50kw, which is about 150mph, and has connectors for both CHAdeMO and CCS (SAE Combo). You'll need Tesla's CHAdeMO adapter to make use of them (I wonder if Tesla will release a CCS adapter).

I think small towns in rural areas will become interested in these in the coming years as a way to attract the growing numbers of EV owners to come spend an hour or so in their towns. I sure hope so. SuperChargers are nice, but there's a lot of rural area they don't cover, and having lots of charging options around, even if you have to pay for them, will go a long way toward convincing people to switch to EVs.

25kW CHAdeMO for $12,500 or 20kW HPWC for $750. Which would you choose?

If one wants to attract Leaf owners, one would choose the CHAdeMO. And a 20kw HPWC is better than NEMA 14-50 outlet only for Tesla's equipped with dual chargers. I don't have dual chargers ($2000) but I do have a CHAdeMO adapter ($450). So, I would argue, sadly, that the choices are not necessarily clear, and they all involve trade-offs, which hinders EV adoption. But you do raise an interesting point: Does anyone make a HPWC-to-J1772 adapter so that a Leaf or Volt could use a HPWC? (This would be the opposite of the J1772 adapter that Telsa provides with the MS). While Leaf/Volt owners wouldn't be able to use SCs, they might be attracted to a HPWC if there were an adapter. OTOH, it wouldn't really be any faster for them than a plain L2 charger, since it's still got to go through the car's onboard inverter.

Yes, an HPWC is cheaper, but it's AC. I want DCQC even if they're only 25kw.