Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-Friendly Hotels and Restaurants (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
I think we should promote EV-friendly businesses wherever possible so here's a thread to post them in.

I stumbled across this hotel and restaurant yesterday just outside Norwich (UK). They offer 32A charging for customers. Funnily enough, it's just a few miles from Hethel and also the Snetterton racing circuit. Maybe a good base for a future track day?

As far as I can see, it's the only one advertising the facility in the entire country...

Sherbourne House, Attleborough

aboutus_pic.jpg

Acting on a tip-off from a local Tesla owner, we stayed at the Edinburgh Malmaison hotel yesterday, and sure enough there is a 32A 1-phase outlet to the rear, with a 16A adapter plugged into it (and slightly full of water). Still, the power was on and I charged there for a few hours.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1408&d=1298026752.jpg

Here's a google streetview link with the cable visible:

Malmaison Edinburgh, Tower Place, Edinburgh, United Kingdom - Google Maps

malmaison-hotel-leith-171168.jpg

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,053
Last edited:
Hi dpeilow, would you please be so kind to give me a hint which kind of 32A socket they offer?
I'm introducing all hotels at Hotels 32A Stromtankstellen - Charge hotels - where you can charge your e-car vehicle, bornes de recharge en hotels, puntos de recarga en hoteles and Electric vehicles charging stations - Chargelocator Platform to be easily accessed by any EV owner for free :)

P.S.: I received my Tesla Roadster at Lotus garage near Norwich on 2011, in the meantime the famous KIT went around the world collecting hotel information to take the fear from anyone to move with EVs also long distances getting rif of gas and pollution ;)