Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone take Delivery at LAX / Centinela?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled sometime next week or the week after. This was the closest location to my area.

Anyone take delivery there? How was your experience?

I will be taking delivery next week. I spoke with my DS today and he told me it could be as early as Saturday. I think that's stretching it a bit as it went into production yesterday morning and today he said it's half way done and so base on what he's saying it will be done tomorrow and transit to SC will be on Friday. He can't set a day/time unless the car is on the way to the SC. I will post back once I get a date and time but looks like early part of next week.

I will be taking delivery next week. I spoke with my DS today and he told me it could be as early as Saturday. I think that's stretching it a bit as it went into production yesterday morning and today he said it's half way done and so base on what he's saying it will be done tomorrow and transit to SC will be on Friday. He can't set a day/time unless the car is on the way to the SC. I will post back once I get a date and time but looks like early part of next week.

mine went into production on Saturday and they told me earliest is early next week?? if you have this saturday as a pickup date mine should be ready already?!! time to call the DS!!!

Yeah, mine went into production yesterday and to my surprise when I called my DS he said it's half way done so I assume it will be done tomorrow as he told me possible to get it Saturday. If I was setup for Saturday then Friday would have been transit day. Let me know what you find out. Also, when did you order?

Centinela kind of crappy compared to the Costa Mesa center. Great people and very friendly, but aesthetically it isn't anything like the Costa Mesa locations. Then again, its in LA which isn't a very nice place and on a busy street in a not-so-nice neighborhood. Didn't really care though, no big deal.

i picked mine up there on 12/30. was a good experience - though it was RAINING so of course the shiny new car didn't stay shiny for long.

the people were friendly and there was definitely a sense of ceremony / "big reveal" to be picking it up. we went over all the paperwork first, which took some time as per the usual, then we went to see the new baby in the back. apparently Elon showed up there about 45 mins after we left; too bad we just missed him!

only complaint was a small one - when leaving the lot, they advised to go very slowly because the driveway dips heavily as it meets the road. so there you are, in your brand new $100k car, not sure yet how far the nose extends, going V E R Y slowly as you leave. but maybe it's a rite of passage...

good luck and have fun!

only complaint was a small one - when leaving the lot, they advised to go very slowly because the driveway dips heavily as it meets the road. so there you are, in your brand new $100k car, not sure yet how far the nose extends, going V E R Y slowly as you leave. but maybe it's a rite of passage...

good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm picking my car up on Sunday, a week from tomorrow. I'll remember that on the way out.

had a great time today! the location was to my surprise really nice. the staff was super friendly, they had free drinks and this magic espresso machine that made every coffee imaginable, and they put a nice fat bow on the car in the delivery area. couldn't be more happy! they raised the car up to very high for that dip right at the street..., i did see it, but i think even on the low setting the car has enough clearance to make it.

once i got on the road i floored the car and couldn't wipe that grin off my face. :wink:

really impressed by the centinela location.

had a great time today! the location was to my surprise really nice. the staff was super friendly, they had free drinks and this magic espresso machine that made every coffee imaginable, and they put a nice fat bow on the car in the delivery area. couldn't be more happy! they raised the car up to very high for that dip right at the street..., i did see it, but i think even on the low setting the car has enough clearance to make it.

once i got on the road i floored the car and couldn't wipe that grin off my face. :wink:

really impressed by the centinela location.

Congrats.