Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargePoint Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received an email on this last night:

http://www.chargepoint.com/home/

Nigel,
We're excited to introduce ChargePoint Home, the smartest, smallest and most advanced home electric vehicle charger. Ever.
ChargePoint Home is a breakthrough in electric vehicle charging offering speed, convenience and intelligence all in an ultra-sleek, beautiful and durable design.

• Read what CNET thinks about ChargePoint Home
  • Check out all the cool features
  • Watch a video to see how it works
Get ChargePoint Home for your garage, sign up now for the wait list. ChargePoint Home will be competitively priced relative to non-networked home charging stations.
Best,
ChargePoint Team

Looks pretty neat.

I don't find the offering compelling. The model S already does scheduled charging, and I can see the rate and range from the smart phone app. The only thing the tesla app doesn't yet do is alert you if you forget to plug in, and that would be easy enough for tesla to do.

The docs don't say how much current it provides, but I'd be willing to bet it's 30A.

The volt already does all of this too.

It's good to see more EV home charging options. No pricing yet on this product.

The CNET article says, quote: "From the app, charging can be started, stopped or scheduled for cheaper off-peak power hours"

I don't think the Roadster firmware would be compatible with all those functions since you have to initiate charging on the VDS. Might work with the S though.

Since I already have an HPWC and Roadster HPC in my garage this ChargePoint product isn't something I need. And it's only L2 / 40A at most. But if the price is right some people might like it.

Since I already have an HPWC and Roadster HPC in my garage this ChargePoint product isn't something I need. And it's only L2 / 40A at most. But if the price is right some people might like it.
ChargePoint doesn't do 40A in their commercial products so I doubt this home unit would be 40A. ChargePoint is known for selling underpowered and overpriced units.