Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MotorTrend P85D vs. Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Comparison

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MotorTrend is going to publish their comparison test between the P85D and Charger Hellcat shortly. In the meantime, they've put up a poll asking people to choose which one they think is better (or the 'bigger badass' to use their language), and as of right now, it's 51/49 for the Tesla.

Vote on an Upcoming Comparison Test: Hellcat Vs. Tesla (W/Poll)

I agree with people's comments that there are probably very few people cross-shopping the two, but I think it'll still be an interesting read.

People that are shopping both are likely getting both.

Tesla as a daily driver and the Hellcat as the Sunday afternoon guilty pleasure.

Jay Leno drove the Volt before his Tesla as a daily driver then drove something that gets less than 10 MPG on the weekend.

Just voted for P85D (of course) and now it's...

Vote.jpg

Just be careful buying your Hellcat from those dealer networks that are so vital for consumer protection:

Dodge warns customers of "unscrupulous" Hellcat dealers | Fox News

<Sarcasm>

I am shocked, shocked, I say, that an auto dealer would do anything that might impugn the customer from receiving the best possible price on a new vehicle, highest level of service, and fail to meet their duties as advocate with the manufacturer, even taking steps like addressing service issues before manufacturers are ordered to issue a recall, protecting the consumer.

This is just a smear article against dealerships and it is pandering to the big business. Those mom & pop dealerships employ local workers, many of whom you'll see at your local church or mosque, greet at the grocery store, and create new jobs in small towns.

</Sarcasm>It amazes me that these people in far too many auto dealerships have mirrors in their bathrooms at home and can stand to look at themselves as they start their day, doing this to a customer. I know that there are plenty of fine dealerships out there. I think that the dealership business model is about as modern as daylight's saving time.

<Sarcasm>

I am shocked, shocked, I say, that an auto dealer would do anything that might impugn the customer from receiving the best possible price on a new vehicle, highest level of service, and fail to meet their duties as advocate with the manufacturer, even taking steps like addressing service issues before manufacturers are ordered to issue a recall, protecting the consumer.

This is just a smear article against dealerships and it is pandering to the big business. Those mom & pop dealerships employ local workers, many of whom you'll see at your local church or mosque, greet at the grocery store, and create new jobs in small towns.

</Sarcasm>It amazes me that these people in far too many auto dealerships have mirrors in their bathrooms at home and can stand to look at themselves as they start their day, doing this to a customer. I know that there are plenty of fine dealerships out there. I think that the dealership business model is about as modern as daylight's saving time.

Now you've gone and brought up daylight savings time. Next we'll be talking about the Electoral College. <grin>

73% in favor of the P85D as of a minute ago.

Now you've gone and brought up daylight savings time. Next we'll be talking about the Electoral College. <grin>

Speaking of DST, the clock on the car changed on time this year. I recall there was some difficulty last Spring.

Also, I just notice this is dealing with the Charger Hellcat, not the Challenger Hellcat, which had some recent misfortune dragging against a P85D. What's the difference (other than the two extra doors)?

I like reading the comments of these articles. People saying that you could buy a Mercedes 500S for less money which is much nicer and better engineered etc.

if you look at history, and see the transformation from one technology to another you can see that the most beautiful examples of the old technology appears right before new technology replaced it. For instance the most beautiful cargo sailing ships were build right before the steamship came along. The most beautiful steam locomotives were the ones which were being replaced by diesel locomotives. I bet that the last carrridges before the automobile came along were much nicer than the first cars.
Can you imagine when Internet was around then? "the carriage of maker so-and-so is much nicer than that Ford Automobile and cheaper too! For the difference in price I can buy a lot of forage for my horse.."

The difference is that Challenger Hellcat drivers drag both sets of knuckles on the ground...:wink:

73% in favor of the P85D as of a minute ago.

Speaking of DST, the clock on the car changed on time this year. I recall there was some difficulty last Spring.

Also, I just notice this is dealing with the Charger Hellcat, not the Challenger Hellcat, which had some recent misfortune dragging against a P85D. What's the difference (other than the two extra doors)?