Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ben and Jerry's modified Tesla on cross-country mission

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
see: Move Over, Ice Cream Trucks… Here Comes an Ice Cream Tesla! | NECN

or: Ben s Hits the Road for the 2015 Save Our Swirled Climate Tour | Business Wire

The company will criss-cross the country this year handing out ice cream from the back of the emissions-free vehicle. The back seat of the Tesla was removed to make room for a row of freezers that can store 1,500 samples, Solheim explained.

The vehicle, wrapped in colorful and eye-catching graphics, is the centerpiece of what Ben & Jerry’s is calling its “Save Our Swirled Climate Tour.” From the front of the vehicle, tour leaders will distribute info on cutting carbon emissions.

Telsa6.jpg

Ben-Jerrys-Tesla-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ben, a longtime friend, has dreamed up and financed many spectacularly whimsical vehicles in the past twenty years, most of them with a social agenda. An exception to that would be a vehicle he commissioned for Burning Man a few years ago. It consisted of a ferris wheel-like structure, except that it wasn't tied down. This ferris wheel could actually be driven across the desert, its driver sitting in a suspended chair in the middle. A small diesel engine driving hydraulic motors provided the power.

List of upcoming tour dates:

San Diego, CA: 4/1 - 4/15
Los Angeles, CA: 4/16 - 5/7
San Francisco, CA: 5/8 - 5/29
Portland, OR: 5/31 - 6/13
Seattle, WA: 6/14 - 6/27
Washington, D.C.: 7/3 - 7/18
Hartford, CT: 7/20 - 7/31
Boston, MA: 8/1 - 8/15
New York City: 8/17 - 9/5
Minneapolis, MN: 9/11 - 9/25
Tampa, FL: 10/1 - 10/15
Miami, FL: 10/16 - 10/31

This car was in Kansas City this past weekend (3/21-22). They were staying at the Raphael. I know this because I was there and saw this car. I had driven my Model S up from Oklahoma and my friends were, jokingly, asking if that was mine in the front of the hotel.

I saw this car late last night at the Gallup, NM Supercharger. Unfortunately, I didn't run into its caretakers.

A little off-topic, but did anyone else start thinking "Flagstaff Arizona, don't forget Wynona, Kingman, Barstow, San Bernardino..." (the voice in my head is with Depeche Mode singing it, and not the original.)

and now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

It's interesting how they seem to be pairing Ice Cream with beer. Not a beer drinker, but I do enjoy my Chunky Monkey

A little off-topic, but did anyone else start thinking "Flagstaff Arizona, don't forget Wynona, Kingman, Barstow, San Bernardino..." (the voice in my head is with Depeche Mode singing it, and not the original.)

You are not the only one! That line runs through my head every time someone mentions Gallup and/or Barstow. I'm a big DM/Vince Clarke/Synthpop fan... my revocable trust is named the "Everything Counts Revocable Trust".

It's interesting how they seem to be pairing Ice Cream with beer. Not a beer drinker, but I do enjoy my Chunky Monkey

Even more off topic.. in college one of my roommates was a very observant Jew, and for his birthday, the only things we could (readily) get that he could consume in our dorm was Miller beer and an ice-cream cake from Baskin-Robbins. Like I said "college". :)

List of upcoming tour dates:

San Diego, CA: 4/1 - 4/15
Los Angeles, CA: 4/16 - 5/7
San Francisco, CA: 5/8 - 5/29
Portland, OR: 5/31 - 6/13
Seattle, WA: 6/14 - 6/27
Washington, D.C.: 7/3 - 7/18
Hartford, CT: 7/20 - 7/31
Boston, MA: 8/1 - 8/15
New York City: 8/17 - 9/5
Minneapolis, MN: 9/11 - 9/25
Tampa, FL: 10/1 - 10/15
Miami, FL: 10/16 - 10/31

love it. 6/27 is my daughter's birthday. You just KNOW what she's having instead of birthday cake ;-)