Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian-spec software differences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, I went from 6.1 2.2.140 to 2.2.179

Now, the Internet keyboard has a .ca key where it used to be .com, so I guess this is a change for Canadian cars. I haven't found a way to switch back to .com, a suffix which is more useful.

The .179 keyboard also allows you to enter non English characters like è.
However, this is not a French Canadian feature, since characters from many languages are now offered.

Might other Canadian tweeks be coming? I'd like to see the rear and wiper defrosters stay on longer than the default 15 minutes, for example.

I would like to see the heated steering wheel stay on from November until April!

At least the seat heater stays on when it's switched on. I recently had occasion to drive an ICE repeatedly in Ottawa in February (yuck on two counts) and it drove me batty that I had to turn on the seat heater every time. (Never mind that whole silly nonsense with starting the engine. :) ) I mean, hello? What, did you think it suddenly isn't February any more? It's frigging -25 out, the car's got a temperature sensor, why wouldn't I want the seat heater on?

It's frigging -25 out, the car's got a temperature sensor, why wouldn't I want the seat heater on?

Interesting perspective, but even at -25, I don't want the seat heater coming on by default. I always have to remember to turn it off as I get out of the car which is mildly annoying to me. I like to turn it on and as soon as I start to feel heat, turn it back off. I don't like the feel of sitting in a "hot" seat. Makes it feel like I've wet myself :biggrin: