Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying Cash - At Delivery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am paying cash which appears to be either wire xfer or checking debit according to TM website. DS didn't yet respond to question about cashiers check. I'm not in the habit of paying final amt prior to delivery yet both of these typically take some hours to clear. What have others done? Can you execute at delivery and TM is OK even if the xaction doesn't complete while there?

Thanks,

I paid with an electronic debit through my checking account 5 days before pick-up. My understanding is that they accept checks at delivery too.

I am paying cash which appears to be either wire xfer or checking debit according to TM website. DS didn't yet respond to question about cashiers check. I'm not in the habit of paying final amt prior to delivery yet both of these typically take some hours to clear. What have others done? Can you execute at delivery and TM is OK even if the xaction doesn't complete while there?

Thanks,

Thanks,

I personally pulled money from my investment accounts that earn me 7-10% annualized return so I could pay for the car in cash to save me from paying a 0.79% APR from DCU credit union. Why use that money for an annual return when I can save a few hundred bucks of interest on a $100K+ loan over a 5 year period!

I personally pulled money from my investment accounts that earn me 7-10% annualized return so I could pay for the car in cash to save me from paying a 0.79% APR from DCU credit union. Why use that money for an annual return when I can save a few hundred bucks of interest on a $100K+ loan over a 5 year period!

im sorry what? I specifically got a loan so my investment money continued working. Clearly you're kidding

I was replying to the OP. Not sure where in this thread you believed I was directing my comment at you. Sounds like you did the right thing, and that was my point which was written in a sarcastic tone...

You are not in a position to judge other owners decisions about how to handle their finances. If you want to give unsolicited advice to other owners about that, well that's your business. But there's really no reason to be rude about it. Your sarcastic tone certainly came across as rude to me.

Thanks,

I did a wire transfer about a week before my delivery date, this isn't like buying from a car dealer, everything was spelled out and good to go.