Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO in Norfolk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My CHAdeMO experience over several months is about 50% success rate possibly because of poor Blink chargers. I was also unable to use a new Chargepoint unit in Florida. Does anyone have any experience with the units in the Norfolk area, particularly the one at Bojangles?

(bump)

No experience (yet), but I noticed that the Courtyard Greenbrier (Marriott) is now showing up in PlugShare and claims they will have CHAdeMO equipment (supposedly Greenlots'). I just spoke with someone at the hotel who says they are installing the equipment right now, but she was unable to tell me a) when it will be available, and b) what kind of EVSE they will actually have.

I didn't call, but one of the EconoLodges in Virginia Beach has also turned up on PlugShare with the same kind of Coming Soon listing.

I'd like to repeat the call for anyone with experience with these gear - and is it worth the wait for the adapter?

Wow, I just looked at plug share and there are now multiple CHAdeMO chargers installed or coming soon between Richmond and tidewater including one at the New Kent rest stop midway between Richmond and Norfolk. This location has had a silly 110 "charger" for years. Looking at that map is making me seriosly consider buying a CHAdeMO adapter too.

Wow, I just looked at plug share and there are now multiple CHAdeMO chargers installed or coming soon between Richmond and tidewater including one at the New Kent rest stop midway between Richmond and Norfolk. This location has had a silly 110 "charger" for years. Looking at that map is making me seriosly consider buying a CHAdeMO adapter too.

FWIW, I've been corresponding with Greenlots' support, and they state that the CHAdeMO units they're installing in the Norfolk area are the 50kW Signet units. Quoting: "These new stations are made by Signet and have the CHAdeMO fast charge connector. The stations also have a Combo connector, but that has not yet been enabled." When I spoke with someone at the Chesapeake Courtyard Marriott last week, she said theirs was being installed as we were talking.

FWIW, I've been corresponding with Greenlots' support, and they state that the CHAdeMO units they're installing in the Norfolk area are the 50kW Signet units. ... When I spoke with someone at the Chesapeake Courtyard Marriott last week, she said theirs was being installed as we were talking.
Well, the charger is here at Courtyard, but the hotel management turned off the power. No word on when or if they'll ever turn it on again. Major Bummer. No credibility here.

Closest power to this location is the Chesapeake Nissan, about 4 miles away.

I have only had mine for a couple of days and it works awesome. Also if you find a CHADEMO charger that is "down", just turn the circuit breaker off and then back on. I did this at the Nissan dealer here in NOVA - and it worked like a charm... 136 MPH...

I have only had mine for a couple of days and it works awesome. Also if you find a CHADEMO charger that is "down", just turn the circuit breaker off and then back on. I did this at the Nissan dealer here in NOVA - and it worked like a charm... 136 MPH...
I wish I'd seen this post two days ago... that's exactly the situation at the VaBeach Nissan, and they're using the excuse of "waiting for the technician to reset it" so they've got extra parking spaces. Good thing Norfolk Nissan is more accommodating - they even moved one of their Leafs (Leaves?) out of the way so we could charge.

I, for one, am glad I brought along the CHAdeMO adapter (but wish I also had a 14-30!).