Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BYD Fe all electric vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was reading about the Chinese company BYD and it has sold some vehicles to Uber to test in Chicago. It says it gets 186 miles to a charge and takes 2 hours to go from 0 to 100%. It is a Nickel iron battery, anyone know more about this vehicle.
Yes, my solar installer distributes. 60kWh battery. Almost same price as S60. Butt ugly. Limited service network in US.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the BYD e6 - but in that case it has a lithium iron phosphate battery, not a nickel-iron one. A little over 60 kWh, but only ~120 hp, and last I saw an article, equipped with a unique Chinese spec charging plug.
Walter

BYD e6

I drove the e6 a few years ago and it was a step above a prototype. I'm sure the ones sold to Uber will be a much better improvement. It was an impressive car, at least in terms of specs. I forgot exactly how much kWh it had, but it was in the vicinity of high-80s. The car boasted 180 ~ 220 miles then, although we figured a more conservative 140~. It had a "sports" mode and a regular mode. It only only fun to drive in sports mode. But boy was it HEAVY! It had fans constantly spinning to keep the pack cooled. Can't say I felt super safe in it. A lot of clicks and clunks. Definitely an interesting experience, considering all we've heard about Chinese cars.

It used Li-ion batteries, so it makes sense BYD would have switched to Fe. I think this is Buffet's and BYD's big "game changer" story.