Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon "About to end range anxiety"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lump

Mar 31, 2013
So. Cal.
Tesla press conf at 9am on Thurs. About to end range anxiety ... via OTA software update. Affects entire Model S fleet.
Elon Musk on Twitter:
Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 6.41.34 AM.png

(I still don't know how to embed tweets :confused:)

I noticed that when I start navigation to a destination that the battery icon briefly appears, and disappears, in the eta/distance box. . My guess is that this upgrade will now warn you if you have less than the required miles available and suggest a route that allows you to make it with enough miles left.

Let the guessing begin! :)
Maybe it will show the exact kW left in the pack instead of percentage/range with reserve/zero mile protection.

Or: enables to enter a far away destination where it calculates the optimal supercharger stops.

Or: shows the number of active/free stalls at a supercharger location.

Or: allows to manually enter your personal average Wh/mi(or km) for range calculations without using the factory dictated rated/ideal/typical values.

I'm thinking this is an upgrade to the Nav system that uses the energy projections and supercharger locations (and status?) to automatically route you through supercharger waypoints as required.

Maybe it also works through the Google Maps interface for non-Nav cars?
Walter

Its got nothing to do with increasing the range, but removing the anxiety. The software update will cause a tune to play in the car when the range gets to 20km, this tune will cause you to calm down.

Here is a sample of it

Last edited by a moderator: