Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me decode OPTIONS & COST (Inventory car)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN # P41xxx

Original MSRP was $83,870

I've been told it is as follows:
60 kWh Battery
Single Drive Motor
Pearl White Paint
Body Color Roof
21" Silver Wheels
Tan Performance Leather Seats
Carbon Fiber Decor
Matching Yacht Floor
Alcantara Headliner

From what I was able to find, the car would have been $69,900 base, right? I'm having trouble verifying costs for the options (various sites show various costs). When I used Edmunds, I was coming up with $550 still unaccounted for. What do you experts think? Is there perhaps a hidden option or two I'm missing?

This is an inventory car that I'm looking at picking up as a SECOND Tesla, for the wife... :) (to replace her Nissan Leaf lease)

Update- Even when doing the config on the NADA site, I'm still $1200-1300 off... so the car must have some options not listed. Based on the price I was thinking someone might want to take a stab/guess... LOL

I would agree that is the best way. Though, it has been a challenge for some to get listings and details of inventory cars :wink: :wink:

I was able to get the details above, as well as MSPR, discount, and hence the "net" price. I was also quoted estimated lease rates. But I do want the window sticker (read: break down of each item, cost, etc). I'm sure that will be supplied to me, all in due time. But for the moment I was tying to get a jump on this... but I suspect I may get a "build PDF" tomorrow. Just don't want to be patient... LOL

Here is the NADA web site confirmation, based on the 6 options I was provided:
Screen Shot 2015-03-13 at 10.18.38 PM.png

Based on that I'm still coming up with a $1,380 disparity. However, was the "performance" leather $1,000 more I thought I had read? Thought there would still be $380 not accounted for then.

Last edited:
If you are not getting the tech package, why not get a used one? I have some older listings from previous conversations with Tesla Corporate I can send you. I've been trying to get some current inventory listings, but alas, haven't had much luck yet.

If you are not getting the tech package, why not get a used one? I have some older listings from previous conversations with Tesla Corporate I can send you. I've been trying to get some current inventory listings, but alas, haven't had much luck yet.

Because this is replacing my wife's $500/mo payment. so our goal was a car we could lease for around $600/mo. The above car hits that with about $7k out of pocket which we have available at this moment. Or if we buy then $7500 tax credit. Used cars can be neither leased, not utilized for tax benefit. Hence why a discounted new car makes sense. Especially one that has 5000 miles and is $13k off msrp ;)

True for leasing. I am more of a buy-type person. There are CPO 85s available with options (moonroof, tech package, air suspension) for $68. But then you would be looking at purchase pricing. Cool.

Now, if only I can find inventory cars with discounts like that off MSRP, I could buy this month! I fly to South Florida in a few days. It may be easier for me to just go into one of the Tesla stores there so I can see the listings.