Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tunein Favorites Gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
Since I received the latest flavor of 6.1, my Tunein Favorites are no longer showing up. I would log in to my Tunein account on a PC and select favorites in various categories and then when I was logged in in the car, it would show up in the Tunein interface. Now it doesn't. I've tried logging out and in and re-booting the 17" all to no avail. BTW, I'm not talking about the favorites you can store locally. I liked the fact that my favorites were synced across devices. Anyone else seeing this?

Pretty sure I lost my favorites when I updated to .179. Are you on this release as well?

I was updated to .200 today as a result of a service visit... I can confirm that my TuneIn favorites are now gone. I do need to check to make sure it didn't log me out of my TuneIn account, but I don't think it did.

I was updated to .200 today as a result of a service visit... I can confirm that my TuneIn favorites are now gone. I do need to check to make sure it didn't log me out of my TuneIn account, but I don't think it did.

Well, that sucks. I've logged out and in, and re-booted to no avail. Makes me wonder what the point of logging in is on the Apps setting screen since the standard interface is identical logged in or not. I have a number of podcasts in my personal favorites that I now can't get because the stock interface only shows "popular" podcasts and there does not appear to be a search function in the Tunein app.

Well, that sucks. I've logged out and in, and re-booted to no avail. Makes me wonder what the point of logging in is on the Apps setting screen since the standard interface is identical logged in or not. I have a number of podcasts in my personal favorites that I now can't get because the stock interface only shows "popular" podcasts and there does not appear to be a search function in the Tunein app.

Same for me. Perhaps drop a note to the servicehelpNA folks asking them.

Stumbled upon this thread, I noticed my tunein account favorites are not showing as well, boohoo.
Will send email to ownership.
And while they are at it they should allow a ? in the url for streams that require a user/pass to be passed in the url. (this never worked before, so cannot enjoy DI.fm premium streams)

For what it's worth, it appears they moved favorite stations to your favorites menu -- that's where my local AM station went. However, they don't include the favorite programs there. So perhaps a bug.

For what it's worth, it appears they moved favorite stations to your favorites menu -- that's where my local AM station went. However, they don't include the favorite programs there. So perhaps a bug.

I'll need to re-look, but I thought it only stored the things I selected and saved locally there. I have some podcasts saved on my Tunein account's favorites which I can no longer gain access to. Even if they had a Search function like they do over on Slacker...

Stumbled upon this thread, I noticed my tunein account favorites are not showing as well, boohoo.
Will send email to ownership.
And while they are at it they should allow a ? in the url for streams that require a user/pass to be passed in the url. (this never worked before, so cannot enjoy DI.fm premium streams)

You're not the only one who would like to stream di.fm premium in car.. I just noticed the same thing - that it's not possible to add custom urls :(

I dropped a note to servicehelpNA -_a-t_- teslamotors.com with a description of the former behavior, new behavior, and requested they simply add the website-added favorites to our favorites tab, just like slacker favorite stations.

Luke,

The favorite submenu in TuneIn is gone, that's true. However, I had some Italian Radios and one from Barcelona (all to follow soccer games) in my TuneIn favorite (saved from PC), but I did not "heart" them in the Tesla UI. They all show up in the consolidated favorite menu.

Interesting. Mine are not showing up - but the difference may be live stations vs. podcasts. In my case, the saved podcasts aren't showing up but live stations are.

Tesla service called me back yesterday. Initially, engineering said "we didn't touch anything", but I walked the service contact through the locations and she observed the movement of the "Favorites" on TuneIn between revisions and said she would follow-up with engineering.

Interesting. Mine are not showing up - but the difference may be live stations vs. podcasts. In my case, the saved podcasts aren't showing up but live stations are.

Same here. Only the live stations.

Tesla service called me back yesterday. Initially, engineering said "we didn't touch anything", but I walked the service contact through the locations and she observed the movement of the "Favorites" on TuneIn between revisions and said she would follow-up with engineering.

Excellent! I believe that "Favorites" tab was always there, but only kept what you entered locally, kinda like old radio preset buttons.