Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oklahoma City, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got word from the contractor working on the Perry supercharger that they're moving on to OKC next. He gave the address as the outlet mall on Reno, west of the city. I called the permit office and they confirmed there is a permit in the works for 322 outlet shops drive, okc, ok. They said it was nearing approval pending some zoning and possibly fire permit issues.

Not the most convenient location they could have chosen for north/south travellers, but not terrible if you're heading east/west.

Just got word from the contractor working on the Perry supercharger that they're moving on to OKC next. He gave the address as the outlet mall on Reno, west of the city. I called the permit office and they confirmed there is a permit in the works for 322 outlet shops drive, okc, ok. They said it was nearing approval pending some zoning and possibly fire permit issues.

It's great to see the network coming together like this...

Not the most convenient location they could have chosen for north/south travellers, but not terrible if you're heading east/west.

You'll have to admit that it's a lot more convenient (for the N/S folks) than Weatherford :smile: but this SC is probably focused more towards the I-44 "shortcut" route to St. Louis and/or as a "range anxiety relief station" for the Perry/Ardmore<->Weatherford legs.

This should help reduce the recent Model S usage at the CHAdeMO charger that is about 3 miles away.

Outlet Shoppes Dr, Oklahoma City, OK 73127 to 10001 NW 2nd St, Oklahoma City, OK 73127 - Google Maps

The outlet mall does make sense as an OKC destination. The city has so many neat locations to enjoy, that everyone would have a different favorite. If the Bass Pro Shops parking lot was used, the ICEing could be worse, especially during basketball, baseball and hockey games.

Penn Square Mall has the Apple Store. Moore, Oklahoma has the Warren Theaters (world class comfort and movie quality). Downtown has been rebuilt with fine quality. Automobile Alley would make a perfect Tesla Service Center location (Mercedes and Jaguar are THE Downtown car dealers). The OKC National Memorial & Museum is a must see and the memorial grounds are open 24/7. The OKC Museum of Art is amazing and features one of the largest Chihuly glass collections in the world (don't miss the Museum Cafe!) After living 15 years in OKC, I look forward each year to return and take time and enjoy what Oklahoma City has to offer.

Looks a little out of the way for N/S travel, but great for E/W travel.

Outlet Shoppes Dr, Oklahoma City, OK 73127 - Google Maps

Once Perry comes on line, heading NS on I-35 from/to Ardmore renders OKC Superchargers a bit redundant, unless you are going really fast, or perhaps you have a S60 (or both).

[FONT=arial said:
snellenr;936610]You'll have to admit that it's a lot more convenient (for the N/S folks) than Weatherford :smile: but this SC is probably focused more towards the I-44 "shortcut" route to St. Louis and/or as a "range anxiety relief station" for the Perry/Ardmore<->Weatherford legs.

Agreed, it is a lot more conducive for the I-40 transition from Weatherford over to Tulsa, Bartlesville, Bentonville, AK and Little Rock
or
up I-35 toward Wichita and Kansas City/St. Louis.

Penn Square Mall has the Apple Store. Moore, Oklahoma has the Warren Theaters (world class comfort and movie quality). Downtown has been rebuilt with fine quality. Automobile Alley would make a perfect Tesla Service Center location (Mercedes and Jaguar are THE Downtown car dealers). The OKC National Memorial & Museum is a must see and the memorial grounds are open 24/7. The OKC Museum of Art is amazing and features one of the largest Chihuly glass collections in the world (don't miss the Museum Cafe!) After living 15 years in OKC, I look forward each year to return and take time and enjoy what Oklahoma City has to offer.

And in addition to the Thunder (NBA basketball) and the Chihuly Collection/Display @ the OKC Museum of Art, there is the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in OKC. Lots of great Western art and exhibits.
The Oklahoma State Capital building is also worth a visit, if you arrive (and it is open).
Very moving and worthwhile is the OKC Memorial, especially at dusk and early evening, as each chair is internally lit.

Last edited:
Probably noting that this location is west of town. It's about 60 miles from the Weatherford supercharger, so no worries if you're driving East. going West however, folks will want to be sure to mission plan to the exact location rather than just getting enough range to make OKC. In a pinch though, there are some chargers in town where you can get enough to get to the outskirts.

Got it! The permit has been issued, you can find it by searching for permit number BLDC-2015-01023 or ELEC-2015-02149 at http://www.okc.gov/access/. It gives the current status as well, which can be useful for checking up on it without actually being there... Good Job OKC online permit search!

Edit: The building permit lists the square footage as only 168, so I'm guessing that this will be a back-in style SC.

Last edited:
Got it! The permit has been issued, you can find it by searching for permit number BLDC-2015-01023 or ELEC-2015-02149 at http://www.okc.gov/access/. It gives the current status as well, which can be useful for checking up on it without actually being there... Good Job OKC online permit search!

Edit: The building permit lists the square footage as only 168, so I'm guessing that this will be a back-in style SC.
Great find!

168 square feet (i.e. 12x14 feet) sounds like the square footage of the Equipment enclosure.

The permit has been issued, and the location is: 322 Outlet Shoppes Dr, Oklahoma City, OK 73127 - Google Maps

168 square feet (i.e. 12x14 feet) sounds like the square footage of the Equipment enclosure.

The permit has been issued, and the location is: 322 Outlet Shoppes Dr, Oklahoma City, OK 73127 - Google Maps

It's curious that unannounced superchargers and superchargers that were on the 2015 map but not on the "coming soon" map are getting started prior to Trinidad, Albuquerque, and Amarillo.

The Albuquerque and Trinidad sites in particular are going to be necessary to continue west on Interstate 40 to Arizona, and north to Denver on Interstate 25

It's curious that unannounced superchargers and superchargers that were on the 2015 map but not on the "coming soon" map are getting started prior to Trinidad, Albuquerque, and Amarillo.

The Albuquerque and Trinidad sites in particular are going to be necessary to continue west on Interstate 40 to Arizona, and north to Denver on Interstate 25

Not always curious.
Just the way things shake out sometimes.

At least a couple of Supercharge locations were delayed before construction and opening because of various circumstances (Indio, San Juan Capistrano, Macedonia, etc.).
Sometimes (okay EVERY time) it is better to identify and get all the hurdles out of the way BEFORE starting construction.

There have been locations that were identified, and Permits were issues and then rescinded (Temple, TX).
Shocker.

If building Superchargers were easy, there would probably already be a couple of hundred more built, up and running.
But alas, we are living in a very real and pragmatic world.

Dream BIG, but don't let a disappointment or two stand in the way of your happiness.

This is a bit surprising for me. It looks to be very much in town. I was under the impression the chargers were going to be out of the major metro areas, between them, in most areas except the very densely populated ones (NYC, London, Beijing and of course LA) to induce long distance travels and discourage locals from using superchargers for their daily charging. Is this not convenient for residents of OKC?

This is a bit surprising for me. It looks to be very much in town. I was under the impression the chargers were going to be out of the major metro areas, between them, in most areas except the very densely populated ones (NYC, London, Beijing and of course LA) to induce long distance travels and discourage locals from using superchargers for their daily charging. Is this not convenient for residents of OKC?
I doubt Oklahoma City has so many Teslas that it's an issue.

It's not super convenient to the locals unless either you're going shopping over there or on your way out of town. The "in-town" you're thinking of is North and East of this location. And South and East. And East. :)

Stopped by the site last night. It *looks* like plenty of parking, but people say it gets crazy during the holiday season.

No activity that I could see. There were some flags that may have been inspection, but no digging yet, or equipment laying around that I could see. Of course, the pin on my GPS could have been wrong.

Any news on this site?

Drove over there today, Just a field. Little red flags but tbwre is no construction.
20150511_174842.jpg
20150511_174842.jpg