Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leg Room, New Gen vs Standard Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who were not aware, the New Generation seats have approx 5-6" less leg room than the Standard seats. I took my P85D with New Generation seats to the Service Center and was given a P85+ loaner. I immediately noticed the difference in leg room and the Service Advisor confirmed.

Has anyone else noticed the difference??

Last month I did a test drive in a P85D and did not notice any difference in leg room compared to my 2013 S.

Are you saying that the Next Gen seats do not go back as far as the old seats? If that was the case than the rear passengers would have a lot more room. But it seems odd to me that the new seats would be that different from the old seats in terms of leg room.

For those who were not aware, the New Generation seats have approx 5-6" less leg room than the Standard seats. I took my P85D with New Generation seats to the Service Center and was given a P85+ loaner. I immediately noticed the difference in leg room and the Service Advisor confirmed.

Has anyone else noticed the difference??

I just went down to the showroom to check this out. I have a P85D on order with the next gen seats and am 6'7" with a 38" inseam, so leg room is a big concern for me. I compared cars with the old and new seats, adjusted them both the same way and there was no noticeable difference. I found that in addition to putting the seat all the way back, it was important to move the seat bottom up in front and down in back.
I'd still like more legroom, so if anyone knows of a way to move the seat further back (e.g third party brackets), please let me know.